Why Do Most Indian Men Have a Protruding Potbelly?

lollilolli2020

5 minutes ago, Sucker said:

Machine arusthundhi akkada 

aravaneeyi ... maree anni cheppesthama enti :D

7 hours ago, CanadianMalodu said:

Short answer our genetic predisposition. India faced lot of droughts in the past both natural and man made and a constant onslaught by invaders. This made the population starve. India has had food surplus only after green revolution. The genetic predisposition has been altered permanently because of the past and resulted in body trying to store excess carbs in the bellies. Food surplus has also pushed us to consume more carbs and refined carbs with little expenditure as we moved away from manual labouring. End result = Bellies.

Super good post

that is big generalization for a country with 140 crores population from a quack who calls himself doctor

8 hours ago, JonSnowUSA said:

Japan, China and Thai gallu tintaru kada.. Potta enduku ledu bhayya

check the quantity Kaka.. and compare with ourselves.. 

16 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Eating carbs for our grandfathers made sense. They worked hard in fields and in general had to do a lot of hard work. Down the lane, hard work reduced, luxuries increased, and our jobs also changed. We have ACs at home, Nice beds, Cars/Vehicles to go to places, etc. 

One thing that remained same through out - our diet. We still eat same carbs. Hence belly for everything explained in the video.

somewhere our diets changed to Biryani aka rice. 

asalu TG lo oka 20yrs back chicken dum biryani was not frequent part of meal or staple; 

growing up in different parts of country, atleast I was familiar with different type of foods especially non rice staples like bhakri, bajra roti, jowar roti, ragi roti or ragi muddhe. 

TG lo aithe jonna gadka, jowar roti, and other foods vuntunde mari ekkada change ayindoo telidu rice heavy diets; 

even Rayalseema, karnataka their staples involved millets like ragi, jowar, bajra. 

may be because rice became easily available; easy to prepare ??

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, chammakchandra said:

Did u see pablo escobar belly 

ippudu vaadedo video pettindu, it has good and bad points in it; so take the video with a grain of salt. 
pablo escobar endii; almost all african americans in US are obese or over weight contrary to people in africa. we gotta read between the lines and being healthy is a continuous process not every body is same, there is no one size fit all formula. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

:D

Correction .. only 2 kgs .. I only eat 2 times a day. But I do workout ... No potta for me .. no batta as well (thank my bloodlines) .. Only grey's showcasing maturity :D

post your work out regime. 

red: indirect ga george clooney looks vunnai ani pose kodutunnava ani @Sucker asking

38 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

post your work out regime. 

red: indirect ga george clooney looks vunnai ani pose kodutunnava ani @Sucker asking

I used to do weights for a long time until 2020. I stopped coz of neck and shoulder issues. After that shifted to Trekking. There is a hill nearby which has steep elevation and then flattens. One trip is 2 miles. Used to do 2 trips.

Now mostly its stretching, 30 mins of thread mill with 12 Incline and 3.6 speed (Brisk Incline walk). I found this to be the best way to sweat. Keeps BP in control and makes you sweat and keeps tummy under control. 3-4 times a week. And 2-3 times a week, I do exercises for tummy. Simple ones .. nothing crazy 

54 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

somewhere our diets changed to Biryani aka rice. 

asalu TG lo oka 20yrs back chicken dum biryani was not frequent part of meal or staple; 

growing up in different parts of country, atleast I was familiar with different type of foods especially non rice staples like bhakri, bajra roti, jowar roti, ragi roti or ragi muddhe. 

TG lo aithe jonna gadka, jowar roti, and other foods vuntunde mari ekkada change ayindoo telidu rice heavy diets; 

even Rayalseema, karnataka their staples involved millets like ragi, jowar, bajra. 

may be because rice became easily available; easy to prepare ??

Restaurants have increased multi fold

Financial ability of people to spend.

Social Media showcasing new places and biryani/chicken are popular items. 

People have no time to cook at home coz of their busy schedules and when they get food from outside its usually biryani or chicken and rice.

Rice is easy to cook.

Just now, Konebhar6 said:

I used to do weights for a long time until 2020. I stopped coz of neck and shoulder issues. After that shifted to Trekking. There is a hill nearby which has steep elevation and then flattens. One trip is 2 miles. Used to do 2 trips.

Now mostly its stretching, 30 mins of thread mill with 12 Incline and 3.6 speed (Brisk Incline walk). I found this to be the best way to sweat. Keeps BP in control and makes you sweat and keeps tummy under control. 3-4 times a week. And 2-3 times a week, I do exercises for tummy. Simple ones .. nothing crazy 

Bold: chiro and massage therapy help long way; even you do with proper form some time you get knots and stiffness in the muscles konchem external help lekapotey avanni recover avvadam kastam. resistance training helps for overall health.

"STRENGTH TRAINING can literally reverse aging. Now that’s what we call real LONGEVITY. No matter how old you are, LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS… And once you start, never stop!"

Red: ivanni ayye yavvaralu kaadu oka kettle bell konukoni workout cheyyi. telsu gaa spot reduction is a myth/

7 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Restaurants have increased multi fold

Financial ability of people to spend.

Social Media showcasing new places and biryani/chicken are popular items. 

People have no time to cook at home coz of their busy schedules and when they get food from outside its usually biryani or chicken and rice.

Rice is easy to cook.

swiggy zomato  street food have to be blamed too for unhealthy diets of Indian ppl. 

43 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

Bold: chiro and massage therapy help long way; even you do with proper form some time you get knots and stiffness in the muscles konchem external help lekapotey avanni recover avvadam kastam. resistance training helps for overall health.

"STRENGTH TRAINING can literally reverse aging. Now that’s what we call real LONGEVITY. No matter how old you are, LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS… And once you start, never stop!"

Red: ivanni ayye yavvaralu kaadu oka kettle bell konukoni workout cheyyi. telsu gaa spot reduction is a myth/

I loved lifting weights. Even now I get tempted to do. But I  am in a better place with out pain. 

For me its simple .. Eat in moderation. Get some exercise every week. Keeps you fit. No sugars, only fruits. 

People who are lazy and can't control what they eat will blame everything except what they do.

If you eat excess calories you will store fat. If you keep on eating without spending those calories, fat gets accumulated. This is applicable to everyone except those people with hormonal issues like thyroid.