K A Paul declares himself Vizag MP!

Anta Assamey

K A Paul declares himself Vizag MP!

It is still 18 days to go for the declaration of results of the just concluded elections to the assembly and Lok Sabha in AP and candidates of the major political parties are keeping their fingers crossed over the poll outcome.

But there is one man who is confident of his victory; and in fact, has declared himself elected much before the results were out.

He is maverick evangelist-turned-politician and Praja Shanti Party founder-president K A Paul.

Paul, who contested the recent Lok Sabha elections from Visakhapatnam parliamentary constituency, told the reporters that he had commissioned an internal survey over the polling trend in Visakhapatnam and it had revealed that he was going to win the Lok Sabha elections hands down.

“Out of 14 lakh votes polled in Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha constituency in the recent elections, I have secured 10 lakh votes, according to my survey. They include four lakh Christian votes, two lakh youth votes, two lakh voters of Vizag Steel Plant workers and their families and two lakh votes of SCs, STs and BCs,” he said.

Paul said it was only a formality that he would win the Visakhapatnam Lok Sabha seat.

“It is a foregone conclusion that I will be the MP of Visakhapatnam and I shall begin my work as the local representative very shortly,” he declared.

The evangelist said in the next 100 days, he would completely change the face of Visakhapatnam on all fronts.

“I shall work on three areas – provision of jobs to the unemployed, free education to the children and free medicare to the poor. I have a blue print for the comprehensive development of Visakhapatnam,” he asserted.