Suggestions regarding available legal options

borlapadda

4 minutes ago, borlapadda said:

So it is not my desire or intent to go into other people's lives. But if I am not given the same courtesy; I would like to learn and use the options available to me. 

There is nothing you can do.. unless their kids here are harassing you physically.. verbal harassment ki online harassment ki, pedda punishments levu.. 

India lo vallani aithe pichha lite.. 

3 hours ago, borlapadda said:

I am contacting lawyers to learn about the options available. Do you have any suggestions?

1. If the extended family in India harasses US-based citizens via phone calls and makes repeated contact even after expressing disinterest, what are my options? The extended family's adult kids are in the US. I am unsure if the adult kids influence them or if the ones in India act voluntarily. It does not matter to me. Can I take legal action against their adult kids in the US? What are those? One option is contacting their US employers, HR, and DEI departments with evidence. I will not explore it unless I have to. 

A lot of good solutions suggested already like block phone numbers. I am not sure if US authorities can do anything. Why all this mess? Antha penta ayyiddi .. 

Learn to deal with situations like these and it will help you life long.

• A simple NO goes a long way. Its the best solution
  • Listen to what they say and do Nothing. They will stop when they learn you will do nothing.
  • Delegate these to wife if she can easily say No or talk a bit strong with them
  • If you cannot tell them via phone, collect your thoughts and write an email or call your parents or common relatives and ask them to convey this to them
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

A lot of good solutions suggested already like block phone numbers. I am not sure if US authorities can do anything. Why all this mess? Antha penta ayyiddi .. 

• Listen to what they say and do Nothing. They will stop when they learn you will do nothing.
  • Delegate these to wife if she can easily say No or talk a bit strong with them
  • If you cannot tell them via phone, collect your thoughts and write an email or call your parents or common relatives and ask them to convey this to them

These are good ideas. Thank you. I intend to do all of these. I have done many of these before, too. But it does not stop. It just feels like since there are no repercussions, it will continue. Ideally, I want them to stop.

If it continues, I want to attempt to complain to the Department of Justice; they have visitor visas. I will also file online cyberbullying complaints in India. I will definitely talk to lawyers to explore options for filing complaints against their adult kids. It is OK if they are disregarded, but I want the trace to be there. 

11 minutes ago, borlapadda said:

These are good ideas. Thank you. I intend to do all of these. I have done many of these before, too. But it does not stop. It just feels like since there are no repercussions, it will continue. Ideally, I want them to stop.

If it continues, I want to attempt to complain to the Department of Justice; they have visitor visas. I will also file online cyberbullying complaints in India. I will definitely talk to lawyers to explore options for filing complaints against their adult kids. It is OK if they are disregarded, but I want the trace to be there. 

You cant control what others can do. However you can control what you can do and how you can react to them.

I understand its a big thing for you. You seem sensitive who wants to be let alone. However unless you give specific examples, it may not come under harassment. May be start documenting some of these with proofs and check with local authorities on your options. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

kaka .. inthaki matter ento thelusa.. ? theliste konchem chepparade.. 

9 hours ago, borlapadda said:

I do not want to complicate things at all.  At the same time, I don't want to be a doormat either. I am living my life without poking my nose in anyone's matters. I expect the same. If it is not done, I want to know if I can get help from the law. Changed phone numbers already. It has been impossible to keep phone numbers out of their reach.

"I am not interested in contact with you." How do I enforce this with extended family members? 

Block all their incoming calls and/or redirect them to voice mail. As simple as that. 

• Upvote 1

asaluu background story chepthe.... andhaairki oka idea vasthundhii... em cheyyalo cheyyavoddhuu edho koncham aina neeku help avthundhii... chikkatlo gusa gusa laaaga undhi... asal emaindho chepthe we all know... on top of it friday today so batch calm ga respond avthaaaru..

tell he full story if u have oppikaa or close the thread

Block, silent, pixel laanti phone lo "call screening" ilanti chinna chinna options tho handle cheseyyadam better. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Joker_007 said:

kaka .. inthaki matter ento thelusa.. ? theliste konchem chepparade.. 

Matter teleedu bhayya .. What I understood is that their relatives want him to do some favors or taking too much interest in his life .. He does not want that. Even after changing phones they are contacting him ... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Matter teleedu bhayya .. What I understood is that their relatives want him to do some favors or taking too much interest in his life .. He does not want that. Even after changing phones they are contacting him ... 

@Joker_007 

I do not want to ask him as well. It seems too personal. But I understood its disturbing him.

@borlapadda I am a very sensitive person as well but evolved with time. One thing I understood during evolution is, that you need to stand up for yourself. I had a great mentor at office from whom I learnt that a simple "NO" goes a long way. You need to keep -ve elements away from you ... 

• Upvote 1

Enduk vayya Chinna issues ki police antaav. Vaalu emainaa dongala.

Veelaithe help cheyyi leda direct cheppu or maatlade vidaanam untadi. Try to resolve matter internally. relatives meeda police ante galeez untadi

1 hour ago, Deadp0ol2 said:

Enduk vayya Chinna issues ki police antaav. Vaalu emainaa dongala.

Veelaithe help cheyyi leda direct cheppu or maatlade vidaanam untadi. Try to resolve matter internally. relatives meeda police ante galeez untadi

Unfortunately, whether you feel safe around extended family is not universal. If you have trustworthy relatives, that would be good for you. I do not. So, I want to protect myself and learn about my options so I can exercise them ahead of time. I am not interested in talking or having conversations, let alone changing how I talk. I am not acting without considerable thought and waiting. It is years of patience.