Suggestions regarding available legal options

borlapadda

I am contacting lawyers to learn about the options available. Do you have any suggestions?

1. If the extended family in India harasses US-based citizens via phone calls and makes repeated contact even after expressing disinterest, what are my options? The extended family's adult kids are in the US. I am unsure if the adult kids influence them or if the ones in India act voluntarily. It does not matter to me. Can I take legal action against their adult kids in the US? What are those? One option is contacting their US employers, HR, and DEI departments with evidence. I will not explore it unless I have to. 

11 minutes ago, borlapadda said:

US citizens. Yes. Family's sons and daughters in the US. They are adults. 

Their employers won't even consider doing anything. Better don't take that approach. You may face other law suits from their end. The simplest option for you is to change contact numbers and make sure they don't know. Why do you want to complicate things?

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, borlapadda said:

I am contacting lawyers to learn about the options available. Do you have any suggestions?

1. If the extended family in India harasses US-based citizens via phone calls and makes repeated contact even after expressing disinterest, what are my options? The extended family's adult kids are in the US. I am unsure if the adult kids influence them or if the ones in India act voluntarily. It does not matter to me. Can I take legal action against their adult kids in the US? What are those? One option is contacting their US employers, HR, and DEI departments with evidence. I will not explore it unless I have to. 

odiyamma aa call center phone calls sampestunnaru vallanu kuda esey baa 

na kodukulu vucha poskovali

1 hour ago, borlapadda said:

Depends on what you consider as harassment. 

9 minutes ago, CanadianMalodu said:

Their employers won't even consider doing anything. Better don't take that approach. You may face other law suits from their end. The simplest option for you is to change contact numbers and make sure they don't know. Why do you want to complicate things?

I do not want to complicate things at all.  At the same time, I don't want to be a doormat either. I am living my life without poking my nose in anyone's matters. I expect the same. If it is not done, I want to know if I can get help from the law. Changed phone numbers already. It has been impossible to keep phone numbers out of their reach.

"I am not interested in contact with you." How do I enforce this with extended family members? 

9 minutes ago, Gorantlamdhav said:

odiyamma aa call center phone calls sampestunnaru vallanu kuda esey baa 

na kodukulu vucha poskovali

Funny. No. I know how to deal with call center or scam calls.

Do you have any proof against those adult kids? You just cannot say they influenced their parents.

nee daggara proofs lekunda nuvvu em step vesina last ki nee medaki chuttukuntadi. Simple gaa sue chestharu ninnu

• Upvote 1

Block their phone numbers, keep blocking them , may be 20 or 30 different numbers tho cheyochu but they get tired …

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Vaaaampire said:

Do you have any proof against those adult kids? You just cannot say they influenced their parents.

nee daggara proofs lekunda nuvvu em step vesina last ki nee medaki chuttukuntadi. Simple gaa sue chestharu ninnu

Thanks. I will talk to the lawyer about it. It seems that it is easy for cousins and siblings living in the US to harass each other through non-US-based people. 

1 minute ago, simha2727 said:

Block their phone numbers, keep blocking them , may be 20 or 30 different numbers tho cheyochu but they get tired …

Thanks. I will do this. The burden seems to be on the harassed person with no repercussions to the harassers. If this is what it takes, I will do it.

1 hour ago, borlapadda said:

Number block chesthe potundi kadaa.. why this kolaveri?? 

Parents and their adult kids are different individuals.. India lo valla parents edo chesthe, nuvu ikkada valla adult kids ni sue chesthava?? 😁

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Number block chesthe potundi kadaa.. why this kolaveri?? 

Parents and their adult kids are different individuals.. India lo valla parents edo chesthe, nuvu ikkada valla adult kids ni sue chesthava?? 😁

So it is not my desire or intent to go into other people's lives. But if I am not given the same courtesy; I would like to learn and use the options available to me.