What do you guys think? Did I do wrong?

Point

My MIL (wife's mother) came from India for summer.

ninna we all went to indian groceries and memu eppudu groceries vellina I usually buy lots of veggies and other things as I believe in eating well and do not compromise on good food (I don't care about spending extra $50 on top of the regular items)

my wife never objects or say anything 2 weeks ki saripada teeskundham ani spoil avtai antadhi which makes sense.

my MIL, after seeing our groceries kullukoni karchu karchu alludu baga karchu ani vagatam start chesindhi, at one point I told her I cannot be conjus like you and die with bad health when I'm earning I like to spend on myself ani. I even asked her what is wrong in eating good food, meeku elagu a awarness ledu eppudu legs pain body pains antu vuntaru memu a badhalu padalemu ani, it got bit serious she shut up. My wife went neutral, not saying anything as I'm earning and buying with my own money. 

Note: not just my MIL, I even educate my own parents to buy and eat good food like nuts, seeds, leafy veggies, fruits and don worry about money. They say ok but still try their best to save money ( I don't know for what they are saving)

Anyways,

did I say anything wrong to her to my MIL? 

6 minutes ago, Point said:

ninna we all went to indian groceries and memu eppudu groceries vellina I usually buy lots of veggies and other things as I believe in eating well and do not compromise on good food (I don't care about spending extra $50 on top of the regular items)

my wife never objects or say anything 2 weeks ki saripada teeskundham ani spoil avtai antadhi which makes sense.

my MIL, after seeing our groceries kullukoni karchu karchu alludu baga karchu ani vagatam start chesindhi, at one point I told her I cannot be conjus like you and die with bad health when I'm earning I like to spend on myself ani. I even asked her what is wrong in eating good food, meeku elagu a awarness ledu eppudu legs pain body pains antu vuntaru memu a badhalu padalemu ani, it got bit serious she shut up. My wife went neutral, not saying anything as I'm earning and buying with my own money. 

Note: not just my MIL, I even educate my own parents to buy and eat good food like nuts, seeds, leafy veggies, fruits and don worry about money. They say ok but still try their best to save money ( I don't know for what they are saving)

Anyways,

3 minutes ago, JAMBALHOT_RAJA said:

They can’t and won’t change period, cheppi cheppi got fed up

@Point What Jambalhot said is right.

Don't get involved in other lives, except your parents

• Upvote 1

What you said does not matter, how you said matters - irrespective of who is in the right or wrong. 

Mee wife emanna antunte react avvu, MIL is temp vastaru veltaru anthe. 

Eee pilla p****k discussions valla mee wife ki neeku lolli lekunda choosuko. Groceries ki MIL ni intlo unchu nuvvu techeyyi. Or send wife and her. 

Avatali fellow ardham chesukune laaga aithe discuss cheyyachu, uttine kaaliga undi ane maatalu ivanni. Pick your battles.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

Our parents come from a generation of limited resources. So they try to save as much as they can and use whatever we have to the max without wasting… we come from a generation of everything surplus.. we don’t care about waste.. 

they don’t like wasting anything especially food, and money too.. ma amma okka methuku kinda padesinaa oppukodu.. she makes my kids eat till the last grain in the plate and don’t accept kids wasting food… I kinda agree with her as we have seen tough times and good times in our childhood.. 

bottom line.. think of her as a mother and see if what she says makes sense.. if it does, try to follow. If it doesn’t, just ignore.
Elders feel that it is their responsibility to when they see something is going wrong just as we do for our kids…

Note this @Point anna

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Point said:

Anyways,

ee lolli antha enduku bro...Prices chusi jadusukunnatlu undhi mee attha garu...

next time grocery shopping ki nuvvu okkadive po...

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, phatposts said:

What you said does not matter, how you said matters - irrespective of who is in the right or wrong. 

Mee wife emanna antunte react avvu, MIL is temp vastaru veltaru anthe. 

Eee pilla p****k discussions valla mee wife ki neeku lolli lekunda choosuko. Groceries ki MIL ni intlo unchu nuvvu techeyyi. Or send wife and her. 

Avatali fellow ardham chesukune laaga aithe discuss cheyyachu, uttine kaaliga undi ane maatalu ivanni. Pick your battles.

@Point em cheppav ani kante ela cheppav anedi very important

absolutely you have a point and that same point would be nothing to others when they dont understand. 

i mean show off la kakunda be yourself and dont try to educate fools. they never get it

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Our parents come from a generation of limited resources. So they try to save as much as they can and use whatever we have to the max without wasting… we come from a generation of everything surplus.. we don’t care about waste.. 

they don’t like wasting anything especially food, and money too.. ma amma okka methuku kinda padesinaa oppukodu.. she makes my kids eat till the last grain in the plate and don’t accept kids wasting food… I kinda agree with her as we have seen tough times and good times in our childhood.. 

bottom line.. think of her as a mother and see if what she says makes sense.. if it does, try to follow. If it doesn’t, just ignore.
Elders feel that it is their responsibility to when they see something is going wrong just as we do for our kids…

Very well said. Our kids will not like us either. Different Generations. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for responses, I'm unable to ignore her because the way she said sounded more like controlling than chadastham. If it is pure old age chadastham or failing to realize that we have more money than past generation, I understand. But she knows we can afford and living good but she throws a stone at us and I don't like it.

Groceries ki teskellamu endhuaknte intlo bore feel avtharu ani but she doesn't have the right to finger in our expenses when she is not contributing to the family at this point. 
The same goes to my parents as well. 

2 hours ago, Android_Halwa said:

Yes. You did say things which should be better ignored. 

Immediate ga mee wife ki atha ki madhyalo godavalu petti cut off chesi padeyi….lelapothey atha will brainwash your wife and both will create mental harassment with their wisdom…

don’t delay…Lekpothey naakipothav

No no my wife is smart and a good human. She never listens her mom or anyone and fights with me, my wife much much matured than that. Ipatiki intlo godava avvali but avvaledu lunch aipoindi randi ani as usual ga vundi. Even if my wife takes turns, I'm not a fool to bend down infront of them, so it doesn't matter to me how they behave.

1 hour ago, papampasivadu said:

ee lolli antha enduku bro...Prices chusi jadusukunnatlu undhi mee attha garu...

next time grocery shopping ki nuvvu okkadive po...

Will try. Intlo kurchoni vallaki bore vuntadhi aney oke reason ki taking her. It's better to not listen to her

edo kodiga... soft ga chepu... techinavi emi waste avavu...ikada cost koncham ekuve.. we will try to cut down... anta mee ammai chetilone undi ani.. chepu... aaipaye..

asalu MIL ki grocery ki enduku teskapoinav vayya

u eother go alone or send ur MiL nad wife to go