Pakistan sack captain and coach

thunderstorm369

5092717.cms?imw=460

NEW DELHI: In connection to the match-fixing allegations during the Champions Trophy semifinal match between Pakistan and New Zealand PCB, on Tuesday, sacked captain Younis Khan and coach Intikab Alam.

Younis, who opted to play in the tournament despite fracturing a finger in a warmup match, put down a simple chance off Grant Elliott when the New Zealand batsman was on 42. Elliott went on to score unbeaten 75 and guided the Kiwis in a successful run chase.

"It will stay with me for the rest of my life," Younis had said. "Maybe the result could have been different had I not dropped that catch."

He said he decided to play in the Champions Trophy with a broken finger because he was desperate to win a second international title in 2009 following Pakistan's stunning win in the Twenty20 world championship in July.

"I wanted to win another big tournament this year and give a gift to my countrymen," Younis had said after the match.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/champions-trophy-2009/top-stories/Pakistan-sacks-captain-and-coach/articleshow/5092715.cms