OPT Doubt please help!!!!

dollar vora

Hi, i am a student in US and i am doing my Masters. I wanted to complete my masters by this may and go to india for a break and then come back and continue my job search on OPT. So can you please throw me some light on when i can apply for OPT and when i can plan for my India trip. I was thinking to apply for OPT in March and give the start date for OPT in August or July ending. So that when i travel to india i will have the card in my hand by that time. Please let me know if that would be a good idea or not. Thank you.

U will have 2 months to start u r OPT after grad . If suppose MAy 25th is u r graduation u will have to start u r opt date anywhere between May25 ----  july 25 .

And u will have to apply to USCIS u r application 3 months before the start date of OPT. MArch is better option . And it is not recommended for you to go to india without OPT card . If you have College I20 and if u wanna go with college i20 as student then u can go .  That is what I think . . And the rules above are of my univ . OPT rules vary with univ so contact u r international advisor once .