*****TAX Returns*******

Athadu_Pokiri

Kadhu mama...I know I can file the tax returns on F1...paper based filing cheyakunda taxactonline.com , turbotax.com lo chesthe edo problem avuthundi ani vina....so just wanted to check out....

F1 students should file the taxes and mail them.. They cannot do electronic filing. This rule was implemented from 2010 (last year)

I saw many F1 students applying in TurboTax even after that and got their returns back without any problem.

Legally speaking, F1 students are not eligible for electronic filing.. so its upto you which one you want to choose

i applied through turbotax for 2009 taxws and  i got returns, and im planning to apply again from turbotax for 2010 retuens, i think there is no problems, we r doing all legally just in online electronically anthe difference so no problem

TAX returns only oncampus jobs chesina vaalle file cheyala?
or students kuda cheyacha?
nenu ippati daaka job emi cheyaledu like oncampus, right now i am on CPT graduating in may...
so, nenu fike cheyacha 2010 ki?

Guys...we F-1 students on OPT should file 1040NR-EZ tax form which is for Non-Residents.
Until ur on F-1 u'll be a non-resident only, so the tax returns filed on turbotax must be 1040NR-EZ(which i don't think it is).....it will affect you at the time of filing for H-1 and GC.

Thanks all