informatica or business objects

lingababu

Informatica competition baga undi so better try for data integrator future lo market baguntundi....
Business objects with data services or data integrator is fine
cognos kuda parvaledu market....

Hi Guys,

I  just want to share my thoughts on Informatica and Business Objects.

Informatica is an ETL Tool and Business Objects is a BI Tool.Usually ETL Team size will always be very big at the Client site compared to BI Team size.70% of the ETL Market is covered by Informatica so we find  many job openings for Informatica.Usually Informatica team size will be close to 30 of which 20 will be contractors and 10 will be full time employees.This estimates are what I have seen at the client site.

Coming to the BI tools like Business Objects The team size will be very less because they will develop reports based on the data provided by the ETL Team(Informatica Team).In my experience I have seen clients prefering custom based reporting tools rather than buying license for any BI tools.Here they have a choice of not buying the BI tool license.They can develop their own BI tool.The market for any BI tool is seasonal.I mean to say if any one learns just BI tool its very hard for them to find back to back projects in the market as the no of jobs will always be less.Now temporarily Business Objects market may be good.But you would never know when you stop receiving Client calls as the jobs will be very limited.Business Objects market will be seasonal.

I would strongly recommend for freshers to learn Informatica along with SQL,PL/SQL and any BI tool(optional,You can use this knowledge for tool as add on)

Now a days clients expectations have gone very high in terms of selecting a candidate for a job as they find lot of freshers in the market.But I would strongly recommend any fresher preparing for Informatica to learn SQL thoroughly.You need to have strong database concepts like table partitioning,populating different keys, functions,triggers and Stored Procs.

If any one needs any help  call me at 201 680 8323(cell) I can guide you guys.

Thanks
Mahesh
Value solutions inc
[url=http://www.valuesols.com]www.valuesols.com[/url]