Azhar : Kambli Must Have Been Sleeping In The Team Meeting

dalapathi

[size=7][b]Fixing? Fielding first was team decision: Azhar[/b][/size]

[b]New Delhi:[/b] Former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin has broken his silence, slamming Vinod Kambli's [url="http://cricketnext.in.com/news/kambli-suspects-96-wc-fixing/61649-13.html"][color="#307dc3"][u]claims[/u][/color][/url] that India's 1996 World Cup semi-final against Sri Lanka may have been 'fixed.'

Talking to [i]CNN-IBN,[/i] Azhar said what Kambli has brought up is "highly disrespectful to the (then) team members," adding that he had no regrets about his decision to bowl first - which Kambli has questioned - in that match.

"We decided to field. It was discussed and a team decision. It was a collective decision. I don't have any regrets, no reason to shy away from this. What Vinod is saying is absolutely rubbish! He must have been sleeping in the team meeting," said the former captain.

"We wanted to field first and chase against Sri Lanka, wanted to do something different in the match. Very sad that people are questioning the decision. For Kambli to talk like this, it shows his class," a visibly distraught Azhar said.

"Vinod Kambli on so many occasions has said that I was the best captain he has played under. It's very annoying the way the statement was made."
Azhar resisted any questions related to match-fixing.
"The match-fixing case is going on in the High Court. When my name is cleared, everybody will come to know the truth. I am not affected by the allegations. Kambli has made a fool of himself," Azhar concluded.
Earlier on Thursday, talking to a television channel, Kambli made a startling claim that the 1996 World Cup semi-final between India and Sri Lanka could have been fixed.
The BCCI and other former players like Sourav Ganguly, Arun Lal, Atul Wassan and Saba Karim also slammed Kambli for casting aspersions on the players.
The BCCI trashed Kambli's claim and said it will not give any importance to the issue.
"If Kambli had problems, he should have spoken at that time. Not after 15 years. We don't give much importance to such allegations," a BCCI official said.

"Kambli's credibility is a problem, I dont know why he is talking about it after so many years," Wassan also pointed out.
"Kambli should behave more responsibly. He just cannot sully the image of the game and make such statements. Why did he not speak earlier? What took him 15 years?" asked Arun Lal.
Sanjay Manjerekar, now a commentator, said the decision to bowl was an honest decision.
"In the 1996 World Cup semi final - the decision to field first may have turned out to be a wrong decision but it was an honest cricketing decision," Manjrekar tweeted.

90/1 nunchi 120/8 anukunta aa match.
srilanka batting emo 0/2 tho start ayyi 250+ kottaru.
india ki sachin super start ichadu. okkasari sachin out avvaganey tapa tapa paddayi wickets.
azhar, jadeja clean bowled by SANATH JAYASURAYA

[quote name='Vikkas' timestamp='1321648244' post='3106767']
90/1 nunchi 120/8 anukunta aa match.
srilanka batting emo 0/2 tho start ayyi 250+ kottaru.
india ki sachin super start ichadu. okkasari sachin out avvaganey tapa tapa paddayi wickets.
azhar, jadeja clean bowled by SANATH JAYASURAYA
[/quote]

Azhar Dharmesana ki return catch ichi out avutaadu......... :3D_Smiles: :3D_Smiles: :3D_Smiles:

[quote name='dalapathi' timestamp='1321648566' post='3106812']

Azhar Dharmesana ki return catch ichi out avutaadu......... :3D_Smiles: :3D_Smiles: :3D_Smiles:
[/quote]

my bad.
jadeja and manjrekhar bowled. avesham lo thappu raasa.

[quote name='dalapathi' timestamp='1321648566' post='3106812']

[/quote]

next evaru out avuthaaru dala mamaa...

[quote name='Alexander' timestamp='1321649856' post='3106967']

[/quote]
manjrekar [img]http://www.andhrawatch.com/gifs/var/thumbs/Brahmi-Gifs/2zgrn1h.gif?m=1321424371[/img]

aa semi final match manam gelvalsinde... fix ayuntadi.. azhar gaadu peda waste gaadu.. ippatiki life an vundi akda veedi meda.. malli ee noru vesukoni vachi cheptundu fix avvaledu ani....... of course adi 1999 lo dorikaadu anukondi.... 96 lo kuda fix chese vundachu

[quote name='Alexander' timestamp='1321649856' post='3106967']

[/quote]

anthagaa gurhtuledhu...... Azhar batting antey full ishtam aabatti adhi baagaa gurhtundhi......... &D_@@ &D_@@ &D_@@