3 Stories About Our Karma...greedy And God

rapchik

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]One poor man was begging on the street, and Lord Siva and Parvati were passing as ordinary people. So Parvati requested Lord Siva that this poor man, he's asking, he's begging, so requested him, "Why don't you give him something?"[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And Lord Siva replied, "Even if I give, he'll not be able to enjoy it. He's so unfortunate."[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"Oh, that we shall see. Why don't you give?"[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Lord Siva, in a watermelon, gave him, say, one thousand dollars. "You take this watermelon."[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The beggar thanked him, and after that he thought "What I shall do with this watermelon?"[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Another man came there and to him the beggar said, "Sir, if you take this watermelon and give me one anna."[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]So he gave one anna and he took it. Because the beggar had no good fortune to take that money within the watermelon.[/font][/size]

[size=5][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Our fortune is like that. Krsna is giving us the final benefit, but we are not taking care of. This is our misfortune.[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]A devotee was having a conversation with the Lord one day and said, “Lord, I would like to know what heaven and hell are like.”
The Lord led the devotee to two doors. He opened one of the doors and the devotee looked in. In the middle of the room was a large round table. In the middle of the table was a large pot of soup which smelt delicious and made the devotee’s mouth water.
The people sitting around the table were thin and sickly. They appeared to be famished. They were holding spoons with very long handles and each found it possible to reach into the pot of soup and take a spoonful, but because the handle was longer than their arms, they could not get the spoons back into their mouths. The devotee shuddered at the sight of their misery and suffering. The Lord said, “You have seen hell.”
They went to the next room and opened the door. It was exactly the same as the first one. There was the large round table with the large pot of soup which made the devotee’s mouth water. The people were equipped with the same long-handled spoons, but here the people were well nourished and plump, laughing and talking. The devotee said, “I don’t understand.”
“It is simple” said the Lord, “It requires but one skill. You see, they have learned to feed each other. While the greedy think only of themselves.”
Lord Krishna declares in the Bhagavad-gita, “There are three gates leading to this hell — lust, anger and greed. Every sane man should give these up, for they lead to the degradation of the soul.”
In the mode of passion, people become greedy, and their hankering for sense enjoyment has no limit. One can see that even if one has enough money and adequate arrangements for sense gratification, there is neither happiness nor peace of mind. That is not possible, because one is situated in the mode of passion. If one wants happiness at all, his money will not help him; he has to elevate himself to the mode of goodness by practicing Krishna consciousness. When one is engaged in the mode of passion, not only is he mentally unhappy, but his profession and occupation are also very troublesome. He has to devise so many plans and schemes to acquire enough money to maintain his status quo. This is all miserable.[/font][/size]

[quote name='ChittiNaidu' timestamp='1323477271' post='1301122741']
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/vnlbt0.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Sudden ga neeku emynadhi????

[img]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/krishnabhargavt/Kanak-1.gif[/img]

[left][size=4][font="Times New Roman,Times,Times NewRoman"][color="#000000"]Once there was a king and he had a wise minister. Whenever the king used to describe different accomplishments to the minister - the minister would say "It is Krishna Kripa"
Once the king went for a battle and conquered the neighbouring kingdom. The minister said "It is Krishna Kripa"
Another time the king was examining and testing the weapons. While doing so one of his fingers got cut. The king was narrating the incident to the minister and the minister as usual said "It is Krishna Kripa"
The king got wild and very angry. He yelled at the minister "What are you saying - my finger is cut and you are saying that is Krishna Kripa. I will put you in the prision". He ordered the soldiers to put the minister in the prison. While going to prision - the minister was saying "This is also Krishna kripa".
One day the king went on hunting and as the night was approaching he got separated from the rest of the soldiers.He was alone deep inside the forest. All of a sudden he heard some noises of drum and a group of tribal people coming at a distance. They were in search of something. Actually the tribal people were about to begin a sacrifice and they were looking for a bali (human to sacrifice). When the they located the king who was strong and hefty - they thought the king will be a good candidate for the bali and caught him - so that they can offer him as a sacrifice. The king could not do anything - since he was outside of his kingdom and there is no one to help him. He was worrying about his
misfortune that he has to die in the hands of tribal people.
The tribal people gave a ceremonial bath to him and brought before the leader of the tribe. The leader examined the king (who is to be given as bali) and noticed that there is one finger short in one hand. The leader considered the bali very inauspicious & incomplete - because it is not full and he chastised his people for bringing incomplete bali. They let the king go.
At that time the king could realize that how is life was saved - just because his finger was cut. He immediately remembered his wise minister who told that cutting of the finger is also "Krishna Kripa". The king thought "At that time, I did not realize how loosing of the finger can be Krishna Kripa - now I could practically understand - it is because of Krishna Kripa the finger was cut and my life has been saved"
He returned to the palace as quickly as possible and went to the prison where the minister is put in. He explained everything to minister and asked for his forgiveness.

The king asked the minister "You said the right thing but still I put you in prison - but when you are going to prision - you said that is also Krisha kripa - I do not understand, how that is krishna Kripa"

The minister replied "My dear King - if you did not put me in prision - then I would have accompanied you - and the tribal people would have got hold of me and offered me as a bali - so putting me in the prision is also Krishna Kripa" [/color][/font][/size][/left]

[quote name='ChittiNaidu' timestamp='1323477438' post='1301122768']
[/quote]

[img]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/krishnabhargavt/Kanak-5.gif[/img]

[quote name='ChittiNaidu' timestamp='1323477570' post='1301122788']
[/quote][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/vnlbt0.jpg[/img]