Sap Sd Training By A Seasoned Consultant

learnsd

[b]I’m a SAP SD consulant with over 8 years of consulting experience in US. I’ve implemented SAP for major Fortune 100 clients. I believe that in today’s competitive market along with experience in core SD, each consultant has to have competency in other submodules of SD such as EDI, ALE, Variant configuration etc. So along with core SD syllabus below, I generally work with each consultant and help them acquire this additional knowledge. [/b]
[b]Also, most of the emphasis in this course will be on ‘Condition Technique’ and ‘Pricing’. I believe this is core of SAP Sales and Distribution. If you master ‘condition technique’, most of the functions in SD & MM are straight forward. [/b]
[b]If you have further questions about the course or just have questions about SAP consulting and career change to SAP in general, feel free to get in touch with me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email][/b]

[b]Disclaimer: I’m not a typical consultancy guy. I just give the best training. You are not obliged to work for me. I can help you find a job, if needed, after the training, but you are free to look for a job anywhere. [/b]
[b]FAQ’s: [/b]

[b]How is the SAP market? What are my chances of getting a job after training? [/b]
In general, SAP market has been good from early 2010. SAP install base is huge and a number of clients are going for upgrade projects and process re enginnering projects. After the traning and complete preparation, I’d say it generally takes abut 1-2 months to land up in a job. Of course, there will be always be exceptions – people who will find it tough to land up in a job and people who get a job in a week. And this again goes back to the point mentioned earlier – I always recommend my trainees to have primary skill and secondary skill in other modules of SAP. I’ll help/train people individually in sub areas of SAP.

[b]Will I land in a high dollar billing job after the training? [/b]
This is a question/myth that a number of people have about SAP. Yes there are people who make $125-$150 per hour in SAP. So a number of people embark into SAP hoping that they are going to get similar compensation. This is a myth.
Yes, clients pay high dollar amounts, but you need to be a master a area in SD or have a niche specialization – meaning you have a unique skill that not lot of people have in market. In my experience, you develop that over a period of time as you work with a number of clients and work on challenging projects.

So, back to above question – what can I make after training? I’d say anywhere between $65-80 per hr is a ballpark estimate. Again, this depends on the type of project and your immigration status. Generally, implementation projects tend to pay more, but again those are considered THE most challenging projects.

[b]How is your teaching style? How much time do I need to spend over the training period?[/b]

I belive that SAP learning is not just remembering a set of transaction codes and configuring some tables. As a functional consultant, you *should* know the business processes. So I train the students in business processes that are used in different industry verticals that are used in USA. Once you know the business process (the WHY) then the configurations that we do in the system automatically makes sense to you.
Again, the time that you spend depends ( I know this is becoming cliché, but unfortunately I don’t have a better answer). If you have business knowledge, I would recommend about 8-10 hours every week. If you are a fresher straight out of school, get ready to spend about 20 hours per week.

[b]What material do you provide? [/b]

For each class, I provide PowerPoint for that class, configuration guide with screen shots for that class.Also for each topic in SD, I send about 100 interview and certification questions. These are a test of your learning and will also help you if you plan for a certication in future. I’ll also send you ebooks; share some blueprint documents from my past projects.

[b]Introduction[/b][list]
[*]ERP Business Scenario.
[*]ERP Products.
[*]Job opportunities for SAP professionals.
[*]SAP Functional Modules.
[*]SAP Easy Access and IMG.
[*]SD – MM – PP – FICO Integration areas.
[*]ASAP Methodology.
[*]System Landscape.
[*]BPR (Business Process Re-Engineering).
[/list]
[b]Enterprise Structure[/b][list]
[*]Client, Company, Company code, Credit Control Area, Business Area.
[*]Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, Division –Sales Area.
[*]Sales Office, Sales group, Sales Person.
[*]Plant, Storage Location, Lean Warehouse Management.
[*]Shipping Point, Loading Point, Transportation Planning Point.
[*]Unloading Point, Receiving Point, Department.
[/list]
[b]Business Processes[/b][list]
[*]Inquiry.
[*]Quotation.
[*]Standard Order.
[*]Delivery.
[*]Billing.
[*]Incoming Payments.
[/list]
[b]Special SD Business Processes[/b][list]
[*]Cash Sales.
[*]Rush Order.
[*]Free Of Charge Deliveries.
[*]Free Of Charge Subsequent Deliveries.
[*]Third Party Order.
[*]Individual Purchase Order.
[*]Contracts.
[*]Scheduling Agreements.
[*]Consignment Stock Process.
[*]Inter – Company Sales Processing.
[*]Returns.
[*]Credit Memo/ Debit Memo.
[*]Invoice Correction Request.
[*]Make- to- Order.
[*]Project Systems.
[/list]
[b]Master Data[/b][list]
[*]Customer Master Data.
[*]Material Master Data.
[*]Customer Material Information Record.
[*]Item Proposal.
[*]BOMS (Bills of Materials: Single and Multiple-Level).
[*]Conditions (Pricing /Discounts/Freight/Taxes etc).
[*]Common Distribution Channels/Common Divisions.
[/list]
[b]Basic Functions[/b][list]
[*]Condition Technique.
[*]Pricing with Scales.
[*]Free Goods (Inclusive & Exclusive types).
[*]Material Determination.
[*]Material Listing /Exclusion.
[*]Dynamic Product Proposal.
[*]Cross Selling.
[*]Partner Determination.
[*]Account Determination.
[*]Output Determination.
[*]TEXT Determination.
[*]Credit Management / Risk Management.
[*]Availability Check.
[*]Incompletion Log.
[/list]
[b]Sales[/b][list]
[*]Sales Document Header.
[*]Sales Document Item.
[*]Schedule Line Categories.
[*]Sales Summary.
[*]Copy Control.
[*]Back order Processing.
[*]Re-Scheduling.
[/list]
[b]Shipping[/b][list]
[*]Shipping Doc types.
[*]Item Category.
[*]Picking / Packing.
[*]PGI (Post Goods Issue).
[*]Incoterms.
[/list]
[b]Billing[/b][list]
[*]Billing Document Types.
[*]Billing Plans (Periodic Billing / Milestone Billing).
[*]Rebate Processing.
[/list]
[b]Sales Information System (SIS)[/b][list]
[*]Info structures.
[*]Standard Analyses.
[*]Flexible Analyses.
[/list]
[b]Credit Management[/b][list]
[*]Transfer of requirements (TOR).
[*]Availability Check.
[*]Shipping and Transportation.
[*]Batch Management.
[*]Rebates.
[*]Variant Configuration with Pricing.
[/list]
[b]Integration on[/b][list]
[*]SD-MM.
[*]SD-PP.
[*]SD- FICO.
[/list]
[b]Technical Knowledge[/b][list]
[*]Reports.
[*]IDOC.
[*]Tables.
[/list]
[b]Additional Topics[/b][list]
[*]SD Evaluation Test.
[*]General Discussion related to SAP SD interview.
[/list]