Opt-Independent Contractor- Tax Help

iamhere_8

Hello guys,

I need to clarify few things as I am planning to file the tax.

I worked as an Independent contractor in 2011 for a company and they want me to fill W9 form to generate 1099.
I fount out that W9 is for US citizens/US persons which i am not eligible. I am wondering if there is any other substiture form for W9 as I am currently on F1-OPT.

I am trying to get the information from internet but its confusing and misleading.

I request if anyone could provide a tax experts contact detials and any suggestions.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you all........

Raghav
337-660-7415
[email protected]

[quote name='iamhere_8' timestamp='1331507410' post='1301506182']
Hello guys,

I need to clarify few things as I am planning to file the tax.

I worked as an Independent contractor in 2011 for a company and they want me to fill W9 form to generate 1099.
I fount out that W9 is for US citizens/US persons which i am not eligible. I am wondering if there is any other substiture form for W9 as I am currently on F1-OPT.

I am trying to get the information from internet but its confusing and misleading.

I request if anyone could provide a tax experts contact detials and any suggestions.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you all........

Raghav
337-660-7415
[email protected]
[/quote]

No that is not only for the Us citizens.
That is for the independent contractors, self employment etc.
In this form of 1099 our company doesn't pay the taxes such as medical or Social Security or any other.
Where you need to pay taxes for your income at the end of the year.
Main disadvantage of having this 1099 format is you would be charged for medical and SS even if you are in OPT.