Road Rage: Man Shot At In Narela

Spartan

In another incident of road rage, a youth driving an SUV fired at the driver of an i10 as the latter refused to give way to him. The victim, Vijender Khatri, had a brush with death as a bullet grazed his ear. The incident occurred at Narela in outer Delhi.

The incident was reported on Sunday around 9.30pm at Bakner Road when Khatri was on his way home. "The road was so narrow that two vehicles could not pass at the same time. The Scorpio driver behind me was honking incessantly. He caught up with me and started firing shots. There were around four youths in the Scorpio. They broke the glasses of my car and threatened me with dire consequences," said Khatri.

"The youth fired four to five rounds, of which one missed Khatri's head and another grazed his ear. He received minor ear injuries. A case of attempt to murder against unknown persons has been registered and we are probing the case," a senior cop said. Khatri told police that the youths were in an inebriated condition.

"Khatri has provided us with the registration number of the Scorpio. We hope to nab them soon," the cop said.