Sachin On Time's Cover

cinderella man

[img]http://www.siliconindia.com:81/news/newsimages/special/h5QFzVuB.jpeg[/img]

Not many Indians could find place in the largest circulated news magazine in the world, TIME. The featuring of Sachin on the magazine cover page shows his international star value and reputation. The editions published for Indian subcontinent, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand feature this legend of World cricket. Sachin’s name was also named by TIME magazine in the 2010 list of 100 most influential people in the world.

The interview published in the TIME figured out the great mind set of this cricketer which is inspiring people of all fields. He has not only marked his name in the history of cricket but has achieved a place in the hearts of all who know about him.

Sachin says about his career, "I don't think I woke up one morning and felt that there was this responsibility on me and that I needed to live up to that expectation. Something which still gives me sleepless nights is - How will I go out and keep that standard, and live up to my own expectations." He added, "How am I going to go out and perform? That restlessness brings the best out of me, it's a healthy sign."

This is the restlessness in this great man that made him achieve what he desired. His career has many up and downs as any usual man. He faced criticisms several times for his performance but those were not enough to weaken this great cricketer. The praises and worships that came all around the world for his ability was also not enough to make this man forgot his role. The recent nomination of Sachin to Rajya Sabha proves the respect that he has in the minds of people. Whatever happens, Sachin’s attitude towards cricket has always been the same.

"Let people talk about it; me, I move forward. Right from my school days, I have done that. I know that certain things I do or say have an impact on people. People appreciate certain things that I do. But any active sportsman has to be very focused; you’ve got to be in the right frame of mind," Sachin said in the TIME report