Puri Akash Interview (Chat Transcript) ..

summer27

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]On the sets of Devudu Chesina Manshulu, while talking to super hit director Puri Jagannadh and Ravi Teja, we spotted a 14-year-old boy fiddling on his iPad. A closer look revealed that it was the same boy who was seen in Pawan Kalyan’s Gabbar Singh. He is no ordinary kid: he is Puri Akash, the son of Puri Jagannadh, one of Tollywood’s superhit directors. Puri has done the honours of introducing the kid and we quickly got into a chat mode.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The kid begins talking about getting attention, given his dad’s star director status and his own film stints. For the record, Akash has featured in Dhoni and Lotus Pond before Gabbar Singh.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]“I grab too many eye balls mostly because my dad is a big director. People ask me if they can take a photograph with me and if I can give them an autograph.” How do you react? “It’s just a picture or signing, isn’t it? I do it. But you know my friends tease me a lot when I get mobbed,” he says. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]But it is his friends that help him tide over the ‘tough’ times. “When I miss classes because of the shoot, I get notes from my friends and even my teachers help me catch up with lessons I missed.”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Even the school management has been “kind enough” to give Akash enough leaves. The child star quickly adds, “I am not good at studies. It’s a bit tough to cope up. But I try my best to get the notes and study.”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]As an afterthought, he says, “Degree kashtapadi vadledam ankuntunanu (Somehow I want to wrap up my degree and get into full-time acting.”)[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]What about the Gabbar Singh feedback? “One of my friends called up from America and said Nuvvu chala baaga chesav ra (you acted really well). I felt elated as he managed to get my number from other friends and called from the US.” [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Ask him about his father’s reaction, “Dad hasn’t seen it yet, but many people told him that I have done a good job.”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Among the three films he has been part of, the new kid on the block seems to have enjoyed working in Gabbar Singh the most, especially because he is a Pawan Kalyan fan.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]“I like Pawan Kalyan. Acting in his film was super fun, particularly doing the fight scene. It was very easy as I usually pick up fights with my friends. And the fight masters taught me how to enact the scene.” He quickly adds, “I’m a gold medalist in my school in long jump, so it was not very tough.” What kind of films he wants to be part of? “I love fights. So I want to do action films.” [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]So does he manage his monies or do his parents have a say? He reverts, “I was paid Rs 1 lakh for Dhoni and I gave Rs 50,000 to my dad’s mum and Rs 50.000 to my mum’s mum.” How did your grand mum’s react? “They were in tears, and were very happy that I gave my first remuneration to them.” [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]These emotions are worth the pains he took to juggle between the shoot of Dhoni and Gabbar Singh. “Since Suhasini garu didn’t have dates when I was free, I would manage between the Dhoni shoot and Gabbar Singh. I went to Pollachi for a week and shot for Gabbar Singh.” [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Talking about the director of Gabbar Singh, Harish Shanker, he says, “He was very sweet and he made me laugh on the sets all the time. Harish garu knows how to project a hero.”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]And like any another son, he wants to act under his father’s direction, “Hero ga first film na nana direction lo ne chesta, adi matram confirmed (My first film as a hero for sure will be under my dad’s direction). After that I’ll act for other directors.” [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]We then talk about Puri’s films. “Three of my favorites directed by daddy are Amma Nanna Tamil Ammayi, Pokiri and Businessman.”[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]On a parting note, Akash has a special message for child actors, “Study, make merry and put lot of efforts and interest in acting, if you want to make it big!” [/size][/font][/color]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9UvV_9JokXk/T3LsqNaIiAI/AAAAAAAACl4/XNoTQQp_Kr4/s1600/Chandra+Babu+Naidu.gif[/img]