Opt Question (Help Help From All Thopus)

cool_dude

PAiana visa Sticky thread lo e post vesi unchaanu.. repu edh oka time lo nenu online loki vahcakaa e thadu ni appudu

lepudaam ley..

andaru so called "EXPERTS" chala sollu chepparu regarding OPT CAP Gap.
Here is the info from the USCIS. My Advisor at school told me that If we are in the 60 day grace period at the time of H1 filing day which is April 1,2013 and approved, we can stay legally in this country and NO need to get admitted to a university.

[b]Q3. Which petitions and beneficiaries qualify for a cap-gap extension? [/b]
[i]A3[/i]. H-1B petitions that are timely filed on behalf of an eligible F-1 student and request a change of status to H-1B on October 1, 2012 qualify for a cap-gap extension.
Timely filed means that the H-1B petition (indicating change of status rather than consular processing) was filed during the H-1B acceptance period, which begins Monday April 2, 2012, while the student's authorized F-1 duration of status (D/S) admission was still in effect (including any period of time during the academic course of study, any authorized periods of post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT), and the 60-day departure preparation period, commonly known as the “grace period”).
Once a timely filed request to change status to H-1B on October 1, 2012 has been made, the automatic cap-gap extension will begin and will continue until the H-1B petition adjudication process has been completed. If the student’s H-1B petition is selected and approved, the student’s extension will continue through September 30, 2012 unless the petition is denied, withdrawn, or revoked. If the student’s H-1B petition is not selected, the student will have the standard 60-day grace period from the date of the rejection notice or their program end date, whichever is later, to prepare for and depart the United States.
Students are strongly encouraged to stay in close communication with their petitioning employer during the cap-gap extension period for status updates on the H-1B petition processing.

[quote name='siru' timestamp='1358662507' post='1303140109']
Here is the info from the USCIS. My Advisor at school told me that If we are in the 60 day grace period at the time of H1 filing day which is April 1,2013 and approved, we can stay legally in this country and NO need to get admitted to a university.

[i]A3[/i]. H-1B petitions that are timely filed on behalf of an eligible F-1 student and request a change of status to H-1B on October 1, 2012 qualify for a cap-gap extension.
Timely filed means that the H-1B petition (indicating change of status rather than consular processing) was filed during the H-1B acceptance period, which begins Monday April 2, 2012, while the student's authorized F-1 duration of status (D/S) admission was still in effect (including any period of time during the academic course of study, any authorized periods of post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT), and the 60-day departure preparation period, commonly known as the “grace period”).
Once a timely filed request to change status to H-1B on October 1, 2012 has been made, the automatic cap-gap extension will begin and will continue until the H-1B petition adjudication process has been completed. If the student’s H-1B petition is selected and approved, the student’s extension will continue through September 30, 2012 unless the petition is denied, withdrawn, or revoked. If the student’s H-1B petition is not selected, the student will have the standard 60-day grace period from the date of the rejection notice or their program end date, whichever is later, to prepare for and depart the United States.
Students are strongly encouraged to stay in close communication with their petitioning employer during the cap-gap extension period for status updates on the H-1B petition processing.
[/quote]

Thanks for info bro

[quote name='PMR aka OM' timestamp='1358662209' post='1303140100']
PAiana visa Sticky thread lo e post vesi unchaanu.. repu edh oka time lo nenu online loki vahcakaa e thadu ni appudu

lepudaam ley..
[/quote]

Chala Chala tnkz bhaiyya concern chupinchinanduku...Naku Antha manchiga jaruguthe neeku pakka party...

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/-DffKF2aZxro/TrIKqIrvPPI/AAAAAAAAFHI/0H5rOY7P0bQ/s140/Mahi-22.gif[/img]

[size=6][color=#FF0000][b]Timely filed means that the H-1B petition (indicating change of status rather than consular processing) was filed during the H-1B acceptance period, which begins Monday April 2, 2012, while the student's authorized F-1 duration of status (D/S) admission was still in effect (including any period of time during the academic course of study, any authorized periods of post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT), [/b][/color][b][color=#006400]and the 60-day departure preparation period, commonly known as the “grace period”).[/color][/b][/size]
[/quote]

Sooper inka aithey, Antha safe.. Maa university naaku e option ivvaledhu appatlo... ..

So Andaru okasari urgent gaa me university ki velli.. 60-day Grace period lo unapudu April !st ki H1 Filing chesthey...

1) CAP -GAP I-20 generate cehstaara ani adagandi..
2) 60-Day Period lo Work cheyyaochaa lekuntey.. Loss of Pay manage cheyyocha.. or inka edina Option undaa..

[/quote]

Dude thax for sharing this info.. konchem e info source link ivvu okasarai check chesi update chesi pettukuntaa info...

[quote name='PMR aka OM' timestamp='1358729396' post='1303142826']
Dude thax for sharing this info.. konchem e info source link ivvu okasarai check chesi update chesi pettukuntaa info...
[/quote]

ltt

[quote name='vizzeboy' timestamp='1358730581' post='1303142863']

ltt
[/quote]

dude .. neeku kavalsina information clear gaa undi kada..

aa paian information source kuda.. USCIS website lo undhi .. link.

[quote name='PMR aka OM' timestamp='1358729396' post='1303142826']
[/quote]

Its from the USCIS website..in the OPT-CAP Gap Faq section.

[quote name='PMR aka OM' timestamp='1358739380' post='1303143283']

dude .. neeku kavalsina information clear gaa undi kada..

aa paian information source kuda.. USCIS website lo undhi .. link.
[/quote]

Thanks for helping me dood..

now am gud....

[quote name='PMR aka OM' timestamp='1358637562' post='1303138743']
no way... nee OPT expire ayye lopu admission teeskoni edho oka school ki valid sevis ni urgent gaa transferchesko..

oka sem ki fees kadtavu emo kaani....

country bayataki povalsina pani undadhu..SEVIS valid state lo unnapudey kotha school ki transfer aipothey,,

so urgent gaa edho oka school lo admission confirm chesukoni.

mee old School lo SEVIS Transfer ki appply chesi.. transfer chesukoni..

Kotha School lo I-20 tho April 1st naa kotha H1 file cheyyy..

nee employer tho matladdu .. clear gaa.. miundhey..

1 yr back almost same situation..
[/quote]

+1

[/quote]

CITI_$D#[size=4] [/size] @gr33d
[size=4] [/size]

[size=4] [/size]
[size=4] [/size]

evaraina meee univ ki calll chesi.. okasari aaagrace period lo H1 filing chesthey..

Cap gap i2p istaara.. ,eda work cheyyazkundala october 1st varaku wait cheyyala anedhi adigi teluskondi okasari..

[quote name='PMR aka OM' timestamp='1358916773' post='1303156705']
evaraina meee univ ki calll chesi.. okasari aaagrace period lo H1 filing chesthey..

Cap gap i2p istaara.. ,eda work cheyyazkundala october 1st varaku wait cheyyala anedhi adigi teluskondi okasari..
[/quote]
ithink H1 chestey oct varaku cheyakudadhu ankunta...
aa paina esina matter summary enti ?

[quote name='Aamphat' timestamp='1358916915' post='1303156721']
ithink H1 chestey oct varaku cheyakudadhu ankunta...
aa paina esina matter summary enti ?
[/quote]
opt feb madyalo ayipoyinaa kaani.. April 1st ki H1 filing cheyyochanta.

becoz u r under 60-day grace period.

kaani aa time lo and apply chesina taruvata aproval date and start date varaku emi cheyyali a status lo undaaali..

okavela h1 approval vchina kaani.. 60-day grace period aipoyaka.. asalu status ela untadhi.. H1b october lo start avuthuntey.

okavela country bayataki poyi H1 stamping chepinchukoni rammantey maatram peddda bisket aithadi..