Inspirational/spiritual/thought Provoking/quotes/short Stories/videos

ravana

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][url="http://www.pravsworld.com/content/inspiration/305/power-of-positive-words"]Power Of Positive Words[/url][/b]

[color=#454545]A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit. All the other frogs gathered around and said they would never get out.

The two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit. When they saw how deep the pit was, they told the unfortunate
frogs to stop jumping out. The other frogs kept telling them to stop, that they were as good as dead.

Finally, one of the frogs took heed to what the other frogs were saying and simply gave up. He fell down and died.

The other frog however continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and suffering and just die. But to the surprise of one and all, he jumped even harder and finally did come out.

When he got out, the other frogs asked him, "Why did you continue jumping? Didn't you hear us?" It was shocking for them to know that the frog was deaf and all the time he actually thought they were all encouraging him to get out. He did not want to disappoint them and therefore did not give him up till the end.

This story teaches two lessons:
There is the power of life & death in the tongue. An encouraging word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it through the day.

A destructive word to someone who is down can be what it takes to kill them.

Be careful of what you say. Speak life to those who cross your path. The power of words... it is sometimes hard to understand. An encouraging word can go such a long way. Anyone can speak words that tend to rob another of the spirit to continue in difficult times.

Special is the individual who will take the time to encourage another. Be special to others![/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][url="http://www.pravsworld.com/content/inspiration/114/people-in-our-life"]People In Our Life[/url][/b]

[color=#454545]During my second month of school, our professor gave us a pop quiz.

I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one: “What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?”

Surely, this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her name? I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.

Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade.

“Absolutely,” said the professor. “In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say ‘hello’.”

I’ve never forgotten that lesson. I also spoke to her, learned her name and said Thanks![/color][/font][/size]

[left]
[b][font="Arial"][url="http://www.pravsworld.com/content/inspiration/560/what-failure-means"]What Failure Means[/url][/font][/b]

[font="Arial"]Failure doesn't mean - You are a failure,
It means - You have not succeeded

Failure doesn't mean - You accomplished nothing,
It means - You have learned something

Failure doesn't mean - That you have been a fool,
It means - You had a lot of faith.

Failure doesn't mean - You've been disgraced.,
It means -You were willing to try

Failure doesn't mean - You don't have it,
It means - You have to do something in a different way.

Failure doesn't mean - You are inferior,
It means - You are not perfect.

Failure doesn't mean - You've wasted your life,
It means - You have a reason to start afresh

Failure doesn't mean - You should give up,
It means - You must try harder

Failure doesn't mean - You'll never make it,
It means - It will take a little longer.[/font][/left]

[left]
[b][font="Arial"][url="http://www.pravsworld.com/content/inspiration/523/contentmentit-s-all-in-the-mind"]Contentment - It's All in the Mind[/url][/font][/b]

[font="Arial"]Did you know that you can actually “trick” your brain into thinking you’re happy Dr. David Lykken, Professor Emeritus of Psychology at the University of Minnesota says, “Emotions are a combination of internal feelings and physical responses that provide feedback to your brain.” In effect, you can consciously initiate or provide the mental and physical conditions that your brain will naturally translate into feelings and emotions -- you basically have the power to influence your mood.

Try it for yourself

Smile even when you don’t feel like it. You’ll think it’s silly but studies have shown that people who force themselves to smile eventually develop a more positive attitude towards challenges and setbacks. Smile the moment you wake up. Smile as you put yourself to sleep. Smile at everyone you meet.

Laugh at the pettiest things. Get some air into those lungs! More oxygen, more energy, brighter day! Ten minutes of laughter a day –- that’s all you need to ensure a life of contentment. You’ll be surprised that in Asia, some companies have employed a daily “laughter break”. Employees have to walk to a park, form a circle, and force themselves to laugh non-stop for 15 minutes. Company executives swear that this relaxation break has caused worker enthusiasm and productivity to soar!

Stand tall and walk fast. Remember your teacher in second grade She tapped you with a ruler, screaming, “No slouching! Chin up! Walk tall!” You had no idea that she wasn’t just insisting on good posture, she was also making sure you developed a bright and confident outlook in life!

Stretch -– better yet, exercise! Don’t “think” about your workout -– just do it! If you pause, to think about the sweat, the pain, the monotony and the time, you’ll find one excuse or other not to do it. So, don’t rationalize. Just get up and do it. You know that at the end of the workout, you’ll feel good you did it. And if you’re not exactly the workout kind, try dancing!

Think only positive thoughts, speak only positive words. Every time you start to think or say something negative, stop. Change your sentences into the positive. Pessimists complain about their problems; optimists think of solutions. Advise, rather than criticize. Encourage, inspire, motivate –- yourself and others. Pick up a lesson, rather than blame. And always count your blessings.

These are just a few of the many ways you can jumpstart an overall feeling of happiness and contentment. Remember that your emotions are dictated by your perception of the world around you. And your reactions are a product of choice -- you can “choose” to be happy, angry or sad. As Ecrivain Lesage wrote in “Histoire de Gil Blas” in 1735, “I am happy and content because I think I am.[/font][/left]

[quote name='ravana' timestamp='1380746648' post='1304339868']

[left]
[b][font=Arial][url="http://www.pravsworld.com/content/inspiration/560/what-failure-means"]What Failure Means[/url][/font][/b]

[font=Arial]Failure doesn't mean - You are a failure,
It means - You have not succeeded

Failure doesn't mean - You accomplished nothing,
It means - You have learned something

Failure doesn't mean - That you have been a fool,
It means - You had a lot of faith.

Failure doesn't mean - You've been disgraced.,
It means -You were willing to try

Failure doesn't mean - You don't have it,
It means - You have to do something in a different way.

Failure doesn't mean - You are inferior,
It means - You are not perfect.

Failure doesn't mean - You've wasted your life,
It means - You have a reason to start afresh

Failure doesn't mean - You should give up,
It means - You must try harder

Failure doesn't mean - You'll never make it,
It means - It will take a little longer.[/font][/left]
[/quote]

ok _-_