Billing Rate Help Me....

jadugar

hello dosthulu.....etlunnar...

nenu undedhi new jersey....naadi state of new jersey govt client....naa prime vendor desi gaadu....(okappudu consultancy...tarvatha govt proj pattukoni PV ayipoyadu)......maa employer kuda desi eh...

so...ippudu prasthutham naadi EVC model....

client used to pay 90 for me to PV.....PV used to pay 77 to my employer....i used to get 80% of it...i.e; 61.31 an hour....this was until end of 2012....

prasthutham situation enti ante....in 2013...client increased my rate from 90 to 100...

ippudu PV gaadu H1 transfer cheskoni vacheyi antunnadu to work under him....so naa model wud be EC model....

ippudu pay rate entha adagamantaru..?? per hour....suggestions needed please.....

vaadu kakrtuthi naa kodaku...panulu anni correct ga chesthadu kani paisal deggare edisi sasthadu....

so...entha tho start chesi....entha min oppukovatam better....

im planning to start with 80 an hour and end at 75 an hour.....so that at least 150k (2013 has 2k hours) vasthadi....emantaru bosses..????

inka...gc and h1 transfer ki nenu pettukunta ani kuda chepdham anukuntunna....if he doesnt give even that 75/hr atleast

[quote name='jadugar' timestamp='1362152604' post='1303349316']

nenu undedhi new jersey....naadi state of new jersey govt client....naa prime vendor desi gaadu....(okappudu consultancy...tarvatha govt proj pattukoni PV ayipoyadu)......maa employer kuda desi eh...

client used to pay 90 for me to PV.....PV used to pay 77 to my employer....i used to get 80% of it...i.e; 61.31 an hour....this was until end of 2012....

prasthutham situation enti ante....in 2013...client increased my rate from 90 to 100...

ippudu PV gaadu H1 transfer cheskoni vacheyi antunnadu to work under him....so naa model wud be EC model....

ippudu pay rate entha adagamantaru..?? per hour....suggestions needed please.....
[/quote]

Moving to the PV is the best option. PV was paying your employer $77 when the billing rate was $90 which means he kept margin of $13 during that phase now your billing rate is $100 so technically he will be keeping another $2 i.e.., total of $15 and pay your employer $85. It really doesnt matter to the PV how much your employer is paying you because that is not going to change anything on his end in terms of how much he makes on you.

So Ideally you should be asking for $85 per hour which is directly equal to the amount that will be paid to your employer. Makes sense??? Here are your options;
1. Ask / Demand $85 per hour
- You may offer to take care of H1B transfer expenses in this case.
2. $80 per hour
- PV should take care of your H1B transfer expenses
3. $75 (Or anything below $80)
- Ask your PV to take care of H1B transfer and initiate our GC completely on his expenses.

Technically (by law) employee should not be paying anything towards visa or GC sponsorship but as you said its a Desi PV, I guess the above options should suit well for both of you and to me its a fair deal.

FYI...,
As per my experience, whenever there was a $amount hike in my billing rate the PV(American) use to pay almost the whole amount to my employer and my employer paid me the whole amount to me with out any % applied to the hiked $amount. This is because the hike was purely based on my performance and abilities...., I demanded things that way. You have to understand that you are the person thats is working day in and day out and you deserve every bit of the new hike.

[quote name='Gand.Masti' timestamp='1362156347' post='1303349921']
Moving to the PV is the best option. PV was paying your employer $77 when the billing rate was $90 which means he kept margin of $13 during that phase now your billing rate is $100 so technically he will be keeping another $2 i.e.., total of $15 and pay your employer $85. It really doesnt matter to the PV how much your employer is paying you because that is not going to change anything on his end in terms of how much he makes on you.

So Ideally you should be asking for $85 per hour which is directly equal to the amount that will be paid to your employer. Makes sense??? Here are your options;
1. Ask / Demand $85 per hour
- You may offer to take care of H1B transfer expenses in this case.
2. $80 per hour
- PV should take care of your H1B transfer expenses
3. $75 (Or anything below $80)
- Ask your PV to take care of H1B transfer and initiate our GC completely on his expenses.

Technically (by law) employee should not be paying anything towards visa or GC sponsorship but as you said its a Desi PV, I guess the above options should suit well for both of you and to me its a fair deal.

FYI...,
As per my experience, whenever there was a $amount hike in my billing rate the PV(American) use to pay almost the whole amount to my employer and my employer paid me the whole amount to me with out any % applied to the hiked $amount. This is because the hike was purely based on my performance and abilities...., I demanded things that way. You have to understand that you are the person thats is working day in and day out and you deserve every bit of the new hike.
[/quote]

thanks for ur suggestion....but.....
vaadu nenu employer change avudham ani anukuntunna endukante GC cheyateldu ani cheppithe...maa danike vacheyachu ga ani annadu...

so...inthaka mundhu situation 65 maa employer ki ichinappudu payroll taxes vaadu kattadu kada...okavela current situation prakaram 85 adiganu anuko...he has to lose 85 plus 7.5% payroll taxes kada....so total wud be 91.35....(since i will be under his w2...appudu vadiki migiledhi 8 dollars per hours....vaddu le...nuvvu inko employer chusko antaru kada.....can u consider the payroll taxes and tell me...

i know technically by law illegal..kani...manam chala paisal aduguthunnam kada...so maname pettukodam iddariki nyayam chesinattu avuthundi ani ila cheppa...vade pettukunta ante naaku emundi....okavela ekkuva ivvakapothe ala adugutha nuvvu cheppinattu...

[quote name='jadugar' timestamp='1362157680' post='1303350122']
thanks for ur suggestion....but.....
vaadu nenu employer change avudham ani anukuntunna endukante GC cheyateldu ani cheppithe...maa danike vacheyachu ga ani annadu...

so...inthaka mundhu situation 65 maa employer ki ichinappudu payroll taxes vaadu kattadu kada...okavela current situation prakaram 85 adiganu anuko...he has to lose 85 plus 7.5% payroll taxes kada....so total wud be 91.35....(since i will be under his w2...appudu vadiki migiledhi 8 dollars per hours....vaddu le...nuvvu inko employer chusko antaru kada.....can u consider the payroll taxes and tell me...

i know technically by law illegal..kani...manam chala paisal aduguthunnam kada...so maname pettukodam iddariki nyayam chesinattu avuthundi ani ila cheppa...vade pettukunta ante naaku emundi....okavela ekkuva ivvakapothe ala adugutha nuvvu cheppinattu...
[/quote]

So from the whole context I missed out the payroll taxes if you switch to PV.

You will still be better off on $80 instead of $85. I mean option 1 is $80, option 2 is $75 & option 3 is below $75 and the conditions should still hold good for the corresponding options.

Listen, it is understood that you are a good resource thats the reason client has kept you on the contract and more over increased the billing rate as well. Deal confidently and demand what you deserve.

[quote name='jadugar' timestamp='1362152604' post='1303349316']

[/quote]

pv gadu desi kakapothe neenu 100% change kaanu

endukante mana mutamesthri nee mata vintadu.

pv gaadu desi kakapothe dabbulu vachhina sare vaaadi mata neevu vinali

penam meeda nunchi poyyalo padi nattu avvuthavu

[quote name='accuman' timestamp='1362294763' post='1303358563']

pv gadu desi kakapothe neenu 100% change kaanu

endukante mana mutamesthri nee mata vintadu.

pv gaadu desi kakapothe dabbulu vachhina sare vaaadi mata neevu vinali

penam meeda nunchi poyyalo padi nattu avvuthavu
[/quote]

paina desi vendor eh ani seppadu ga

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='enpsap' timestamp='1363227336' post='1303419947']
whih technolgy bhayya antha istundi??
[/quote]

Yedi kelli vastaru raa babu Hungry Birds laaga??? Overnight crorepathi avudam aney???

Jokes apart..., chala technologies unaie..., konni technilogies ki $200+ per hour vi kuda unaie. 1st nuvu una technology lo job kottu, already kodithey oka 2 to 3 projects or 2yrs cheye..., adi kuda chesi untey you should have answer for your question but if you don't know the answer it will probably not help you anyways.