Java/j2Ee Discussions

lolliman

[quote name='coca-cola' timestamp='1382007105' post='1304427496']
ajax implementation in jsr 168 can any one explain plzz..................BTW thanks salvidi........
[/quote]google chesina ikkada copy paste Esina.....daniki antha *pedda matalu enduku seppu

when a servlet is deployed in a server and multiple machines sends multiple requests then how the servlet handles those requests..............can anyone explain plz........

I had a phone screening for FT position in orbitz last week...procedure for the interview is phone screening, coding test and oniste interview...iam posting the questions that I remember for the phone screening..

between linked list and arraylist....what will you choose and in which scenario
if you want to store java objects in hashmap what are all methods we need to override from objects class
OOPS concepts.. explain
class extending and class implementing ..what will you choose and in which scenario
how will you implement a immutable class
synchronization and how will you implement that
how do you implement factory pattern and in which scenarios
how do you implement singleton pattern using lazy initialization

[quote name='dhruva' timestamp='1382141946' post='1304436736']
I had a phone screening for FT position in orbitz last week...procedure for the interview is phone screening, coding test and oniste interview...iam posting the questions that I remember for the phone screening..

between linked list and arraylist....what will you choose and in which scenario
if you want to store java objects in hashmap [color=#ff0000][b]what are all methods we need to override from objects class[/b][/color]
OOPS concepts.. explain
class extending and class implementing ..what will you choose and in which scenario
how will you implement a immutable class
synchronization and how will you implement that
how do you implement factory pattern and [color=#ff0000][b]in which scenarios[/b][/color]
how do you implement singleton pattern using lazy initialization
[/quote]

GP helpful ..

But kinda tough ques adigaru .. inka ila theoretical question aduguthunnara .. scenario based vuntay kada max interviews.. no developer can say text book content ... :o

[quote name='innovative' timestamp='1382142218' post='1304436759']

GP helpful ..

But kinda tough ques adigaru .. inka ila theoretical question aduguthunnara .. scenario based vuntay kada max interviews.. no developer can say text book content ... :o
[/quote]

scenario based question main interviewlo adigevaaru emo..idhi just screening kadha...it was only for half an hour...
nenu emo java complete reference prepare ayyanu just screening ani...i didn't prepare for these type of archetectural questions...so I couldn't get through the interview..

[quote name='dhruva' timestamp='1382152872' post='1304437110']

scenario based question main interviewlo adigevaaru emo..idhi just screening kadha...it was only for half an hour...
nenu emo java complete reference prepare ayyanu just screening ani...i didn't prepare for these type of archetectural questions...so I couldn't get through the interview..
[/quote]

Hmm .. Smal suggestion is never ever go through complete reference before interview prep.. Comp Ref is helpful only for the first time learning n also to ref concepts during work!! I would rather prepare company based n requirement based before interview ...

• Upvote 1

[quote name='innovative' timestamp='1382185171' post='1304437990']
Hmm .. Smal suggestion is never ever go through complete reference before interview prep.. Comp Ref is helpful only for the first time learning n also to ref concepts during work!! I would rather prepare company based n requirement based before interview ...
[/quote]

but akda requirement emi ledhu...they said .. just questions on core java...thats it...so i wanted to brush up my basics and didnt know any other book :( so i opted for complete reference thinking that it will cover evrything...but i understood after the interview ...aa book antha bandaga unna...adhi antha basics ani....i need to prepare so much more than that...
but even now also i dont which book will cover concepts like these..i saw so many good reviews for effective java ...iam thinking start reading that...lets see...Thank you for the suggestion though..

[quote name='tpt2usa123' timestamp='1382187009' post='1304438029']
Can any one please explain about extensible interface
[/quote]

isn't it... an interface where you can also extend ..??i think there is no concept like unextensible interface...as you cant prevent interfaces from being extended like you do for classes...(source: stackoverflow)

but lets see what others reply

[quote name='dhruva' timestamp='1382194335' post='1304438245']

isn't it... an interface where you can also extend ..??i think there is no concept like unextensible interface...as you cant prevent interfaces from being extended like you do for classes...(source: stackoverflow)

but lets see what others reply
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply...this is the common question experienced 2-3 times in interview recently...

I thought of Extensible Mark-up lang...