Career Change Advice.....testing-->Dba

pratapchava

Hi all,

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]I have decided to switch my career to database administrator from Software Testing.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]The reasons are numerous.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]Choice of platform which one is better...SQL OR ORACLE.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]Have knowledge of SQL but new to ORACLE.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]So mee suggestions ivvandi..pls[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)] CITI#H@ [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)] [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(238, 238, 238)] CITI#H@[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Good Idea but you might be aware ...compare to Dev/QA there are less number of openings for DBA. People who worked as DBA are also struggling to get opportunities. I am not discouraging you. Better go for SQL/ETL Developer. I am not sure about your level of experience. Even i thought of changing my platform but i am worried about stability. I know if you work hard you i will survive in any technology. At the same time i don't want to take risk. If you are bachelor, started career 2-3 years back then you should definitely take the chance.

All the best _-_

[quote name='Bambam_Bholey' timestamp='1372531848' post='1303902939']
Good Idea but you might be aware ...compare to Dev/QA there are less number of openings for DBA. People who worked as DBA are also struggling to get opportunities. I am not discouraging you. Better go for SQL/ETL Developer. I am not sure about your level of experience. Even i thought of changing my platform but i am worried about stability. I know if you work hard you i will survive in any technology. At the same time i don't want to take risk. If you are bachelor, started career 2-3 years back then you should definitely take the chance.

All the best _-_
[/quote]

thankyou Bro.
am from Australia, for QA too much competition and short term contracts.
for SQL/ETL need to go for any training because am planning a trip to india shortly.

[quote name='IAmNotaLooser' timestamp='1372541410' post='1303903170']

thankyou Bro.
am from Australia, for QA too much competition and short term contracts.
for SQL/ETL need to go for any training because am planning a trip to india shortly.
[/quote]
You can take training online too bro
don't need to go to a class

[quote name='Burberry' timestamp='1372541542' post='1303903171']
You can take training online too bro
don't need to go to a class
[/quote]
thankyou
source chappandi bhayya....

self preparation koncham kastam bhayya naku..
online teaching itha too gud....

idhe site lo oka ad pettu, looking for training ani
some one will respond
also look for ads regarding training, people place ads here too. you can find one easily bro

[quote name='Burberry' timestamp='1372592385' post='1303903862']
idhe site lo oka ad pettu, looking for training ani
some one will respond
also look for ads regarding training, people place ads here too. you can find one easily bro
[/quote]

Thanks bro....
will do it as u said...