Vizag

fakeniranjan

No efforts will be spared to set up HC in city:Ganta
Around 500 advocates of the Visakhapatnam Bar Association (VBA) led by its president Pruthdvi Raj submitted a memorandum to state human resource development minister Ganta Srinivasa Rao on Thursday at the district court premises, seeking his help in setting up the high court in Visakhapatnam.
The HRD minister, who spoke to the advocates for nearly half-an-hour, gave them an assurance that every attempt would be made to ensure the high court is set up in the city, which houses the highest number of advocates and has the largest Bar in the state.
"On October 18, the chief minister of AP, accompanied by the chief justice of the Supreme Court and the chief justice of AP high court will be coming to the city to attend the convocation of the Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University. I will talk to the chief justices on the occasion. Even though I don't practice, I'm a law graduate from AU (1985) and have immense respect for lawyers. Every attempt will be made to see that the high court is established here," he said.
The advocates, who feel that the city is the ideal destination for the high court, pointed out that in many states, the high courts are located in cities that are not the state capital.
Meanwhile, VBA president Pruthdvi Raj also requested the minister to look into the renovation of the existing court buildings and highly congested and old court premises. for which around Rs 30 crore would be required.