If Betting chargers Proove, It would be a blot on IPL : Gilchrist

Tom420

NEW DELHI: Deccan Chargers skipper Adam Gilchrist on Monday said if the alleged match fixing and betting charges in the Indian Premier League  are proved, it would be a big blot on the tournament.

A leading business daily, quoting an Income Tax department report, claimed that IPL commissioner Lalit Modi and some other stakeholders were involved in betting and money laundering.

Gilchrist said if anything was wrong with the conduct of the cash-rich event, investigators should get to the bottom of it and he would encourage everyone to support investigators in their probe.

"Nothing is proven yet, but of course if there is (match fixing and betting)... it will take lot of things away from the tournament. If it's there in IPL, I will be extremely disappointed," Gilchrist said.

"It would be a blot on the event. All what could be done at the moment is look at the face value, nothing is proven. If it's going on, get to the bottom of it. Come out with a clean slate. I will encourage everyone to support in the investigations," he told 'Times Now'.

The Income Tax department is probing into the finances of the event and the Indian government has also said that it will go to the bottom of the truth.

The Australian batsman though said IPL commissioner Lalit Modi has done well to make it an extremely popular tournament.

"All credit must go to the IPL and Lalit Modi for tournament's success. No one can doubt that and what IPL has bought to cricket fans in India and to the cricketing world. We must acknowledge that," he said.

"But as far as infrastructure and how it's all managed and run, that details I have not come across at all. Not my interest," he added.

[url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/5832648.cms]http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/5832648.cms[/url]

[quote author=ChittiNaidu link=topic=60846.msg610966#msg610966 date=1271734674]
title lo Blog  ani teesi Blot ani pettu mama....misleading ga undi....
[/quote]

Sorry mama, Typing mistake.