Visa Interview Related Query On H1 Vs L1

Rate this topic

pavigva

Hi Guys,

This year, my H1 got selected and is approved. I have to go for VISA stamping in July or August as per my company's decision.

My company name in India is "ABC Solutions India Pvt.Ltd" (Replace ABC by something else). They have a company in US as well exactly named "ABC Solutions". This ABC company develops security products and I will be part of that product dev team.

Now if I go for VISA interview, is there any chance that I will be asked a question by VISA officer like "Why are you applying for H1B? As it is a internal transfer, you have to apply for L1." Is there any chance like that? If such kind of query is raised by VO, what should I answer? Is my H1B case a valid scenario?

If ABC solutions is sponsoring u r H1B .. then it's not an issue ... 

chala companies ki India lo branches untaye kada ... sameways our company has a branch here ani cheppu 

LTTPawan-Kalyan-Gopala-Gopala%2B%286%29.gif

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys,

This year, my H1 got selected and is approved. I have to go for VISA stamping in July or August as per my company's decision.

My company name in India is "ABC Solutions India Pvt.Ltd" (Replace ABC by something else). They have a company in US as well exactly named "ABC Solutions". This ABC company develops security products and I will be part of that product dev team.

Now if I go for VISA interview, is there any chance that I will be asked a question by VISA officer like "Why are you applying for H1B? As it is a internal transfer, you have to apply for L1." Is there any chance like that? If such kind of query is raised by VO, what should I answer? Is my H1B case a valid scenario?

it is not a valid Q... if asked , you can tell them that its companies decision not urs..since h1 or l1 they r employer based visas not as per ur choice .

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. Yes ABC solutions is sponsoring for my H1B. I am relieved a bit. I have applied for H1 first time. So these kinda doubts.. Thanks a lot again... :police:

Thanks guys. Yes ABC solutions is sponsoring for my H1B. I am relieved a bit. I have applied for H1 first time. So these kinda doubts.. Thanks a lot again... :police:

My company's name is same in India and US, except the end tag america and india...i'm on H1B here and few guys come from my company in india on H1B, L1, and also B1.  This visa thing is totally company's decision.  I got placed here in the US, and not from India....My stamping was successful this Jan...I think and hope you will not have any issues...

My company's name is same in India and US, except the end tag america and india...i'm on H1B here and few guys come from my company in india on H1B, L1, and also B1.  This visa thing is totally company's decision.  I got placed here in the US, and not from India....My stamping was successful this Jan...I think and hope you will not have any issues...

In that case, you won't be having a client letter at the time of VISA interview right? How did you manage that? I heard that Client letter will be the first document they will ask for.

In that case, you won't be having a client letter at the time of VISA interview right? How did you manage that? I heard that Client letter will be the first document they will ask for.

I had client letter with me but luckily I didn't even open my folder...The only document VO took was my passport..he just asked me 2 questions:  Client name, Annual pay, and said the golden words....