Why Is It Called A Black Friday

Rebel890

Just received from one of law firm who saw my post -1xsWM.gif
So what u gonna do abt it.. ?

[Discrimination complaint template letter]

[If you feel you are being discriminated against at work or when you are studying you can use this template letter to complain. It will help you write to the person or organisation you feel has discriminated against you.

This person is referred to as the ‘respondent’ in the letter and you are known as the ‘complainant’.

Delete any text in blue and in [square brackets] and replace with your own information before you send the letter. Send Annex A in full with the blue text.]

[Your name]
[Your address]
[Their address]

Dear [name]

I consider that you may have discriminated against me and/or harassed me contrary to the Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006/Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003/ Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003. [Delete the parts of this paragraph that do not apply to you]

[In this paragraph please give as much information as you can about the treatment you think may have been unlawful discrimination. Try and be brief and to the point. You should mention the circumstances leading up to that treatment and, if possible, give the date, place and approximate time it happened. You should bear in mind that you will be asking the respondent if they agree with what you say here]

I consider this treatment may have been unlawful.

[If you want, you can add a paragraph about why you think the treatment you have described may have been unlawful discrimination/harassment]

[If you do complete this section, you may find it useful to say what kind of discrimination/ harassment you think the treatment was. For instance whether it was:
• direct discrimination
• indirect discrimination
• harassment
• victimisation]

[If you know, you could also include which part of the regulations you think may apply to the kind of discrimination you believe you may have suffered]

I would be grateful if you can reply, answering the following questions:

1. Do you agree that my statement in the second paragraph above is an accurate description of what happened? If not, why do you disagree or what is your version of what happened?

2. Do you accept that your treatment of me was unlawful discrimination/ harassment by you against me? If not:
a) why not?
B) why was I treated in this way?
c) how far did my [age / religion / beliefs / sexual orientation] affect my treatment by you?

[3. Use this paragraph to ask any other questions you think may be important. For example, if you think you have been discriminated against by having been refused a job, you may want to know what the qualifications were of the person who did get the job and why that person got the job]

[If you feel you have been victimised you may find it helpful to include the following questions:

• Was the reason for my treatment the fact that I had done or intended to do, or that you suspected I had done or intended to do, any of the following:
o brought proceedings under the relevant regulations
o gave evidence or information in connection with proceedings under the regulations
o did something else under or by reference to the regulations
o made an allegation that someone acted unlawfully under the regulations]

I have included a template letter in Annex A that you may find useful to use when you reply.

Yours sincerely

[Please sign the letter]

Name: [your name] Date: [date in DD/MM/YYYY format]

[Annex A: Respondent’s template letter]

[If you have received a letter complaining about discrimination you may find it useful to set out your reply based on the template below. This will make sure you answer all of the points raised.

It is recommended that you visit www.businesslink.gov.uk/employingpeople for further guidance on discrimination in the workplace, including the rights and responsibilities of employers. For instance, you may need to know:

• how the regulations define discrimination and in what situations the regulations make discrimination unlawful
• what exceptions the regulations provide]

[Your name (you are the respondent)]
[Your address]

Dear [The name of the person you are replying to (the complainant)]

[Their address]

I acknowledge receiving your letter dated [date] which was served on me on [date]. To answer your questions:

[Include the relevant statement below, deleting the one that does not apply:]

1. I agree that the statement in paragraph two of your letter is an accurate description of what happened.

1. I disagree with the statement in paragraph two of your letter in that:

[If you disagree with the statement of events, you should explain why you disagree, or provide your version of what happened, or both]

[Include the relevant statement below, deleting the one that does not apply:]

2. I accept that my treatment of you was unlawful discrimination/harassment by me against you.

2. I dispute that my treatment of you was unlawful discrimination/harassment by me against you. My reasons for disputing this are:

[If you disagree with the facts in the statement of events, you should answer the question on the basis of your version of the facts. You should include an answer to:

a) why you don’t think this was unlawful discrimination
b) why you treated the person in this way
c) how far the person’s age, religion, beliefs or sexual orientation affected your treatment of them]

[If you think that an exception applies to the treatment described in your employee’s letter, you should mention this here. An exception would be where a person’s age, religion, belief or sexual orientation is a genuine requirement of their job. You need to add an explanation about why you think the exception applies]

[In this section you should answer any additional questions you may have been asked]

[Include the following statement if relevant:
I have not answered XXX question(s) in your letter because I am unable/ unwilling to do so]

Yours sincerely 

[Please sign the letter]

Name: [include the name to appear under your signature] 
Date: [date in DD/MM/YYYY format]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Poragad

• Rebel890

• ceelogreen

• ARYA