Optea extension - H1 question

Ghatothkachudu

My friend applied for OPt extension and the DSO at school says she is unable to process the extension application as he is under cap gap. what does this mean?

unnadi poi unchukunnadi pothe paristhithi enti ? 

4 minutes ago, Ghatothkachudu said:

My friend applied for OPt extension and the DSO at school says she is unable to process the extension application as he is under cap gap. what does this mean?

She aa he aa?

clarity maintan cheyyi uncle

30 minutes ago, Ghatothkachudu said:

good news, H1 pick aindani meaning.. bisket eppudu ante h1 reject ayyi and appatiki opt extension time daatipote kastam but still opt extension cheskovachu.. post the exact dates, 

30 minutes ago, Ghatothkachudu said:

nee friend H1 pick ayithe cap gap extension lo ki velthadu...............aa h1b decision vachedaka cap gap active untadi.............

h1b deny ayithe cap gap kuda expire avuthadi ledante ....ee year october daka safe..............

15 minutes ago, kal said:

good news, H1 pick aindani meaning.. bisket eppudu ante h1 reject ayyi and appatiki opt extension time daatipote kastam but still opt extension cheskovachu.. post the exact dates, 

May 8th OPT ending 

The H-1B Cap Gap Extension allows certain students with pending or approved H-1B petitions to remain in the U.S. in F-1 status until the start date of their approved H-1B employment period, even if the OPT authorization and/or F-1 grace period would have otherwise expired before October 1.

35 minutes ago, dolby said:

The H-1B Cap Gap Extension allows certain students with pending or approved H-1B petitions to remain in the U.S. in F-1 status until the start date of their approved H-1B employment period, even if the OPT authorization and/or F-1 grace period would have otherwise expired before October 1.

Brother 

This friend of mine, has OPT end date of May 8th 2016

He applied for H1 this year

He is appling for OPT 17/24 month extension. 

My confusion is if his H1 is not picked up, he should still have his OPT extension right ? CAP gap is for april to october only? 

So H1 pick anukoni beer thagala or H1/OPT rendu 10guthayi ani beer thagala ?

1 hour ago, Ghatothkachudu said:

Brother 

My confusion is if his H1 is not picked up, he should still have his OPT extension right ? CAP gap is for april to october only? 

H1 pick aithe ne cap gap vastadi

Brother 

you cant apply for OPT 17/24 extension if your H1B is picked.

there is no confusion ...your friends H1B is picked..........

There is a system with USCIS which updates your SEVIS when your H1B is picked.

your DSO is looking at your SEVIS and letting your friend know that his CAP GAP extension is active.

H1B pick ayindani beer thaagu..........

Brother 

Manaku beer taagataniki reasons endukulegaani.. Eh1 bisket ainappudu cap-gap potundi, dso ventane opt extension i20 istundi appudu adi use cheskoni ead ki apply chheyyali.. May 8th aipotunte march lone extension chesukoni unte ee gola undedi kadu..