small code challenge

yomama

1 minute ago, yomama said:

c# aa swift or obj c using man. But ikada key value rendu strings and you are trying to assign int to string. 

I don't know obj c or swift but neenu akkada em chesthunna ante I am trying to send the item key to a seperate function which calculates the continent based on the logic and returns an int and I am using that integer in the switch case. 

int continent = GetContinentIdFromKey(item.Key);

this above function here takes in a string (item key in our case) and returns an integer like 1 for europe and 2 for asia  and finally using that integer in switch add item to individual array. 

42 minutes ago, Suhaas said:

Sure bhayya. I usually a separate the logic for unit testing or whatever reasons. 

PS: I am not an expert. Just trying. 

thats the way it should be..granularity, maintainability..simple and precise code  

17 minutes ago, Suhaas said:

I don't know obj c or swift but neenu akkada em chesthunna ante I am trying to send the item key to a seperate function which calculates the continent based on the logic and returns an int and I am using that integer in the switch case. 

int continent = GetContinentIdFromKey(item.Key);

this above function here takes in a string (item key in our case) and returns an integer like 1 for europe and 2 for asia  and finally using that integer in switch add item to individual array. 

yeah i understood that. using that method to get a int and switching it. 

1 hour ago, yomama said:

@loveindia Good job man. 

loveindia.png

nenu appudey anna man... no IDE using windows laptop in office so couldn't test in swift.. atleast should have used IBM swift before I pasted it... swift lo append undi... intellisense ki alavaatu padi marchipoya man... but max raasa correct gaaney... :D way to go man...

1 hour ago, loveindia said:

nenu appudey anna man... no IDE using windows laptop in office so couldn't test in swift.. atleast should have used IBM swift before I pasted it... swift lo append undi... intellisense ki alavaatu padi marchipoya man... but max raasa correct gaaney... :D way to go man...

yeah ufcourse man you are correct. Nen just simple syntax errors fix chesa anthe ga. i just like xcode ide , it supports everything i guess.