IPL 2017

Kool_SRG

Just now, Kontekurradu said:

2nd test match tho vadini team lo nunid teesi 10gutharu le 

no chance bangladesh meedha 87 kottadu 

and australia meeda 2nd highest scorer from india vade so consistency matters akkada 

2 minutes ago, fake_Bezawada said:

no chance bangladesh meedha 87 kottadu 

and australia meeda 2nd highest scorer from india vade so consistency matters akkada 

Ante Fail avvatam lo kuda consistency na @3$%

4 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Andharu fail ayyi rahane kuda fail ayyadu so whats spl with him ani @Kontekurradu asking @3$%

idhi wrong statement andaru fail ayaru rahane fight chesadu so andari kante better score chesadu

adhi gamaninchali manam 

2 minutes ago, fake_Bezawada said:

idhi wrong statement andaru fail ayaru rahane fight chesadu so andari kante better score chesadu

adhi gamaninchali manam 

Second highest antavu mallu andarikante better score chesadu antavu nuvvu kaani bhayya kaani @3$%

38 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

Second highest antavu mallu andarikante better score chesadu antavu nuvvu kaani bhayya kaani @3$%

andari kante ante one short of 11 anuko 9 members kante baaga adinatle kadha 

2 hours ago, Kontekurradu said:

2nd test match tho vadini team lo nunid teesi 10gutharu le 

rahane ni tiyyaru le....bolwers showed very little effect on bowling pitch..ishant and jayant yadav ni tiyyali ani chala mandi antunnaru...4 bolwers chalu ...batting strength penchali....after that poor show in pune....

What’s the story?

England skipper Eoin Morgan has expressed surprise at being picked up in the recently completed 2017 IPL auction. The 30-year old went on to reveal his decision to return to the lucrative Twenty20 tournament after the 2-match ODI series against Ireland.

Morgan said, “I was pleasantly surprised to hear I'd been picked-up in the IPL auction. I wasn't expecting to be picked up so it was good news. The perception of things was that I'd miss a lot of the IPL but in actual fact I only miss four days. I'll only miss two games out of the 14 which is not very much.”

On the decision to return home for the Ireland ODIs, he explained, “It was a collective decision to come back. I think it's important for me to come back for those two because, while we might not put out a full-strength team, there are players involved who might then play in the Champions Trophy. It's a good opportunity for me to play with guys who are coming through.”

The Background

Morgan was picked up by Kings XI Punjab for INR 2 Crores (around USD 298,000). While fellow England stars Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler and Chris Woakes have been permitted by the England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) to miss the Ireland ODIs to extend their participation in the IPL, Morgan alongside Jason Roy and Sam Billings will be summoned back for those two games.

The heart of the matter

The Dublin-born Morgan had previously played for Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders and Sunrisers Hyderabad in the IPL. This time around, he will turn out for the Kings XI Punjab. After taking part in the initial stages of the tournament, he will depart for England on May 1.

Extra Cover: Eoin Morgan picks his all-time XI – MS Dhoni and Anil Kumble included

The 2 ODIs against Ireland are scheduled to take place on May 5 and 7. Following their conclusion, Morgan will return to India for Punjab’s group matches against the Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians on May 9 and 11 respectively.

He should go back home in time for England’s training camp which is slated to begin on May 14. Apart from the final group game against Rising Pune Supergiant, the left-hander will also miss the knockout stages if his side were to qualify.

What next?

Morgan is currently in the Caribbean for England’s 3-match ODI series against West Indies beginning from March 3. He kick started the tour with a 84-ball 95 in the warm-up game against UWI Vice Chancellor's XI on Saturday.

Sportskeeda’s Take

Even though ECB’s decision to shuttle Morgan back and forth during the 2017 IPL could be quite hectic for the southpaw, the move allows him to take stock of those back-up England players who will be pushing for spots in the main eleven.

With the Champions Trophy around the corner, the slew of white-ball matches should also provide adequate opportunities for him to build on his limited-overs game.

Willow TV has acquired the exclusive media rights for Indian Premier League 2017 (IPL) in the United States.

The service provider last aired the IPL in 2014 and proved a stomping success.

Talking about the deal, Willow TV CEO, Vijay Srinivasan said, “Willow is delighted to bring exclusive live coverage of the VIVO IPL 2017 to our viewers across television and digital platforms. Viewer interest for cricket in the US stands at unparalleled levels, as over 1.4 million households watched the ICC World Twenty20 on Willow in 2016. We look to continue to set new all-time high ratings this year. The IPL is the crown jewel of professional Twenty20 tournaments, and cricket fans in the US are in for a treat when the tournament kicks off on 5 April.”

The tenth season of the IPL, starts on 5th April 2017 with Sunrisers Hyderabad going head-to-head with Royal Challengers Bangalore.

Willow TV is a part of Times Internet.

IPL 2017: 'Box-Office' Ben Stokes Deserves Windfall, Says Ian Botham

Ian Botham says "box-office" Ben Stokes deserves every penny of the more than £1.7 million ($2.1mn) that the England all-rounder will rake in playing in the Indian Premier League. Stokes set a record for an overseas player in the cash-rich Twenty20 competition when Rising Pune Supergiants shelled out for him at last week's auction. The 25-year-old Stokes has come up through the ranks at Durham, where Botham is the newly appointed chairman having finished his illustrious playing career with the English county. Botham, one of the outstanding all-rounders of his generation, said he was glad that Stokes -- set to have fresh responsibilities with England as vice-captain to new Test skipper Joe Root -- was being well-rewarded.

"He is getting for the IPL what most guys going to China to play football are getting for a fortnight's wages," Botham told a news conference at Durham's Chester-le-Street headquarters.

"Cricket needs to move and I think players deserve the rewards. It's a precarious living. You can have an injury and never play again and I think people realise that now."

Stokes's aggressive style has been compared to that of Botham in his pomp and the former England captain said: "I am very pleased for Ben. He is box office -- that's why he went for what he went for (in the IPL).

"His intention is not just to play, but to win, and that's the kind of guy he is.

"He is uncomplicated, what you see is what you get and he is a breath of fresh air, so I wish him all the best. And he is very loyal to Durham County Cricket Club."

Meanwhile Botham said cash-strapped Durham would bounce back from last season's relegation to the second division of the County Championship, imposed because of their financial problems.

Durham's sanction was agreed with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Monday as a condition of £3.8 million financial support from the governing body.

Fit-again Krunal Pandya finds form ahead of IPL 2017

Krunal Pandya scored 70 runs to help Baroda beat Punjab in the Vijay Hazare trophy in New Delhi.