Filing returns after I got married

chilakottudu

Bhayya,

naku nov lo peli ayindhi kani na wife feb lo ikkadaki vacindi nenu dual filing cheyocha nenu iddaru cpa's ni adiga okadu cheyochu antadu inkokadu cheyakudadu antadu adi cheyochu anodemo using 6013g manam cheochu antunadu here I want to do the right thing.

suggestions please.

As of i now, the rule is she should be in the country(usa) for at-least 90 days then only you can claim as dependent in filling.

But there is also an option some people project their parents as dependents who stay in india.. not suggested... 

feb lo vasthe file cheyyalev bro...

ne wife ki ITIN apply cheyyali fist time kabatti...appudu marriage certificate, thana passport, i-94 etc anni pampali....appudu thelisipoddi she's not here in 2016 ani

3 hours ago, chilakottudu said:

Bhayya,

naku nov lo peli ayindhi kani na wife feb lo ikkadaki vacindi nenu dual filing cheyocha nenu iddaru cpa's ni adiga okadu cheyochu antadu inkokadu cheyakudadu antadu adi cheyochu anodemo using 6013g manam cheochu antunadu here I want to do the right thing.

suggestions please.

not sure since she was here in Feb..

but vadini paper work antha ivamanu..anyways u and ur wife has to go to tax office in person for filing..CPA cheyaledu 1st time when you are doing with your wife(since she needs ITIN). Akkkada vallu cheptaru whether you are eligible or not to file jointly for the year 2016.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2017 at 7:43 AM, chilakottudu said:

Bhayya,

suggestions please.

not sure since she was here in Feb..

but vadini paper work antha ivamanu..anyways u and ur wife has to go to tax office in person for filing..CPA cheyaledu 1st time when you are doing with your wife(since she needs ITIN). Akkkada vallu cheptaru whether you are eligible or not to file jointly for the year 2016.

straight forward rule.

ur dependent should be atleast one day in US for the tax filing year ie:2016 Dec 31st roju ikkada unna u cna claim.

but not for 2017 Jan 1st.

cheyochu anevadu evado ne chevlo puvvu pedtunnad.

1 hour ago, Dallas123 said:

thanks Spartan. So, nenu single ani file chesthe no issues kada. Status on December 31st, 2016 single ani ivvali. I usually file through TurboTax.

yes.

20 minutes ago, stark said:

I married in dec... My Wife is here in Feb.. I claimed her as dependent for last year and got my returns... You need to apply ITIN for her... 

wait for audit in 2020. 3yrs varaku emi kaadu.