• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afmod1

• crazymatta

• Yuvatha

• RahuI_PG

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, afmod1 said:

Downpayment entha kadithe PMI tagguthadi (always 20% aa or its different for lenders?)

Rate and APR difference enti?

what was/is your APR for your mortgage loan?

Also

HOA valla benefits enti?

Home Insurance ki evainam manchi companies unte suggest plz...

Go with Costco lenders .. 

Bhayya, 

I am in the process of closing, i work for a bank so i got a good rate 3.875% Interest and 4% APR. Downpayment compulsory 20% undali so that you dont have to pay PMI (Insurance). HOA ante aa community lo common areas maintenance ki money teesukuntaaru, like roads, walkway, pool, community center, lawn in common areas like walkway, any community this will be there. If bigger community the amount will be less and vice versa. Home insurance i am taking from costco, ameriprise cheapest compared to all Geico, farmers, travellers andaru around 900-1000 chepparu but costco 700 ki vachindi and even car insurance is cheaper so mutli account discount vastundi ani rendu move chesa.let me know if you need more information any specific things

3 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Bhayya, 

I am in the process of closing, i work for a bank so i got a good rate 3.875% Interest and 4% APR. Downpayment compulsory 20% undali so that you dont have to pay PMI (Insurance). HOA ante aa community lo common areas maintenance ki money teesukuntaaru, like roads, walkway, pool, community center, lawn in common areas like walkway, any community this will be there. If bigger community the amount will be less and vice versa. Home insurance i am taking from costco, ameriprise cheapest compared to all Geico, farmers, travellers andaru around 900-1000 chepparu but costco 700 ki vachindi and even car insurance is cheaper so mutli account discount vastundi ani rendu move chesa.let me know if you need more information any specific things

@Paddy bhayya...

aa Costco insurance gurinchi cheppu konchem..

Do you have costco membership if so then you will get discount, just go to costco.com and under services they have insurance. Do a quote online by filling all the details once you get the quote call them and give the missing details if they ask any and take a quote for car insurance as well and tell him you will take both and ask him to apply multi line discount. 

6 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Bhayya, 

Buying a house asylu where to  start , what are all  required to consider before finalizing .... ee process lo kastalu nastalu konchem cheppu bro 

9 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Do you have costco membership if so then you will get discount, just go to costco.com and under services they have insurance. Do a quote online by filling all the details once you get the quote call them and give the missing details if they ask any and take a quote for car insurance as well and tell him you will take both and ask him to apply multi line discount. 

yeah.. cotsco membership undi... okay.. that works.. I will do that..

@Paddy bro.. mortgage loan evaritho teeskunnav?

1. Credit Score - Min 760 to get best rate/bargain with many lenders.

First thing i did is to make sure to clear the debts i had on credit cards, so that there will be a boost in my score. Make sure you have 760 minimum to get the best rate and bargaining power. I had some fraud activity on my credit report, some one tried to open a credit card on my name, so called the credit reporting agencies and removed all those inquiries. 

2. Pre- Approval Letter. 

Go to a bank and take a pre-approval letter by giving your SSN, pay stubs and other details, depending your credit score and pay you will get a pre- approval letter which tells what is the max amount of loan you can get. This is valid for 6 months.

3. Start the home search process.

Area, school district (websites to compare school districts and ratings -school digger, greatschools, niche), commute, county taxes (some counties have high tax), resale value and time in market ( how soon the house will go if you plan on selling it)

I would suggest going for a old home but not more than 5 years you will get value for your money. But it is upto you.

Talk to multiple realtors in your area (preferably local small realtors) and finalize one with whom you are comfortable to talk, ask questions and take notes, 

4. Offer on the house.

Depending on your search criteria the realtor will show the houses and once you finalize the house you will put an offer on the house by negotiating the price.

5. Lender/Bank

Now you will go to multiple lenders/banks and check their mortgage rates and finalize who ever is giving the best rate. they will give you a quote summary, take it and compare across all the lenders and finalize.  

5. Loan Process

Once you put an offer and if the seller agrees you will write an offer letter and possible closing date in it. Then the actual loan process starts, you will submit all the necessary documents that the loan officer requests for, it will take around 15-20 days for the loan to be approved. I am at this process currrently. 

6. Closing Day.

In the summary/quote they will give how much you need to pay as down payment and other closing costs, 5% of house value plus closing costs (ex: for 400k home you will need around 26-28 k cash in your hand on closing day). Seller and you will sign all the documents needed for transfer of ownership in front of attorney.

7. Move in into your new home. 

Message me if you need more details or information. 

4 minutes ago, Paddy said:

1. Credit Score - Min 760 to get best rate/bargain with many lenders.

First thing i did is to make sure to clear the debts i had on credit cards, so that there will be a boost in my score. Make sure you have 760 minimum to get the best rate and bargaining power. I had some fraud activity on my credit report, some one tried to open a credit card on my name, so called the credit reporting agencies and removed all those inquiries. 

2. Pre- Approval Letter. 

Go to a bank and take a pre-approval letter by giving your SSN, pay stubs and other details, depending your credit score and pay you will get a pre- approval letter which tells what is the max amount of loan you can get. This is valid for 6 months.

3. Start the home search process.

Area, school district (websites to compare school districts and ratings -school digger, greatschools, niche), commute, county taxes (some counties have high tax), resale value and time in market ( how soon the house will go if you plan on selling it)

I would suggest going for a old home but not more than 5 years you will get value for your money. But it is upto you.

Talk to multiple realtors in your area (preferably local small realtors) and finalize one with whom you are comfortable to talk, ask questions and take notes, 

4. Offer on the house.

Depending on your search criteria the realtor will show the houses and once you finalize the house you will put an offer on the house by negotiating the price.

5. Lender/Bank

Now you will go to multiple lenders/banks and check their mortgage rates and finalize who ever is giving the best rate. they will give you a quote summary, take it and compare across all the lenders and finalize.  

5. Loan Process

Once you put an offer and if the seller agrees you will write an offer letter and possible closing date in it. Then the actual loan process starts, you will submit all the necessary documents that the loan officer requests for, it will take around 15-20 days for the loan to be approved. I am at this process currrently. 

6. Closing Day.

In the summary/quote they will give how much you need to pay as down payment and other closing costs, 5% of house value plus closing costs (ex: for 400k home you will need around 26-28 k cash in your hand on closing day). Seller and you will sign all the documents needed for transfer of ownership in front of attorney.

7. Move in into your new home. 

Message me if you need more details or information. 

*=: