The annotated Qur'an

timmy

99gZsycr.jpg

The Qur'an was written in two different times. The Meccan period, before Hijra, was mostly peaceful, so I colored the top of every page written in the Meccan period blue. Yet in the Medinan period, Mohammad established a city-state which would grow into an empire by militaristic expansion, so it is colored orange, for violence.

qhobMWvr.jpg

The blue tags are "Peace", which I defined as "anytime anyone wants to do violence, and anyone else tries to stop them." You can't see the blue though, because of the other tags. Yellow is violence against the non-believer, the infidel, the hated Kafir. Orange is violence against people who aren't explicitly Kafir.

Edited by timmy

VlnzBXEr.jpg

You can see the blue tags for 2:231, and 2:256 in the front. Pink means "things I disagree with about women". Bright green skinny ones are "interesting things". Red are "scientific inaccuracies". The slim translucent green tags are the times that the Qur'an says that it is clear, and expressed in plain arabic.

http://imgur.com/gallery/i9dql