Disney Trip orlando FL

lucky7

7 hours ago, lucky7 said:

Hi Friends,

Disney trip ki planning with my son (4 years)

already vellina vallu guidance and suggestions istharru anni post vesthunna .

over hype aaa leka really worth aaa ..?

Thanks

longweekend kakunda eppuidina .. Universal Studios/Island of Adventures/ Kids ki ithe Epcot /disney world good 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucky7

• JANASENA

• vendetta

• manchivaadu

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, phatposts said:

I am writing this from my experience to Disney only once.

If you want to spend some time with your family without tiring them much I feel you should do only 1 park a day. Park hoppers are great options if you want to cover multiple parks during the same day. Also they are good for doing a single activity you like the most in a park different than the one you are primarily visiting for that day.

I felt Disney should be done with extreme planning. The lines are insane. If you do not plan well and execute well, you are in for a treat (bad one)!

DO NOT APPLY FOR THE DISNEY CREDIT CARD

Pre-planning

For tickets:

Undercover tourist – purchases code as travel. So if you have a travel reward credit card this site is better

Costco/Sam’s

If you are ok – eBay.

Of course Disney site!

Once you book tickets, register them on your my Disney account.

Request for magic bands in advance. They are not mandatory but useful.

Hotels:

If budget allows, staying on site has its advantages.

Every park will have an hour every day (either morning or evening) reserved for guests staying onsite. During this hour you can knock off at least 2-3 rides. If you can target 3 primary rides during this hour your day widely opens up. Also staying onsite means you can manage without renting a car and no parking fees as well (20/day).  If staying onsite you can use disney magic express from the airport to your hotel.

Some ways to save:

Rent dvc points

Use spg points for Dolphin & Swan

Park planning:

Every day you can reserve 3 fast passes in advance. A fast pass allows you to have guaranteed visit for the ride during that window. Most of the rides give you an hour window. Fast pass for shows gives you a 15 min window. This fast pass planning helps you very much.

Once all 3 fast passes are used, you can get 1 fast pass at a time.

You have to use all 3 to get the next one.

This is what we did:

Magic Kingdom:

[Fast Pass]

Splash Mountain

Big thunder rail road

Jungle Cruise

After that – haunted mansion, pirates, seven dwarfs, speedway, and few other rides

Epcot:

[Fast Pass]

Personally I think very young kids won’t enjoy epcot

Mission Space

Soarin

The seas wit nemo (I did not like it)

Later we went to test track which was nice.

Then we went to world show case, which is around a lake (man made I guess) where different regions of the world are show cased with a building and food options. Kids may not enjoy this much but you may.

Time it in such a way you will enter the showcase around 6 PM. You can walk for 2 hours eat something and settle down in that area for fireworks that starts at 9 PM

Usually people gather for good viewing spots from 8 PM it self. Personally I think the best spot is at the “Bridge between France & Italy”.

There is a fast pass for Fireworks as well, but reserve it only after you are done with rides on that day.

Animal Kingdom

[Fast Pass]

Lion King show

Nemo show (I do not like it)

Expedition Everest (kids should be 44” at least)

Personally I loved the Everest ride.

Later we went around the park in to different sections (asia/Africa/ etc)  and did the safari. I recommend getting fast pass for safari. I could not get it in time.

Dining:

Dining reservations are extremely tough. Reserve in advance.

We did the below

Magic Kingdom: Skipper’s Canteen

Epcot: Directly in world show case

Animal Kingdom: Yak & Yeti

We are happy with those choices.

If you were to cancel, cancel 1 day before. Otherwise there is a small charge.

I recommend dining reservations very much. You get very tired and that is a good way to recharge.

As you can see planning and executions results in a good Disney experience. Otherwise you will hate it.

If you CAN execute and follow someone’s planning tips, I can recommend couple of planners who charge and plan your trip. I did not spend but they do a very good job.

Also buy a membership from touringplans.com It pays for itself.

All of the above are from my personal experience after talking to someone who has Disney several times. If you have other questions, let me know.

GP