Should govt seize property of someone earning more than X amount ..

lazybugger

27 minutes ago, ICANWIN said:

I agree talent leni vallu kuda has capacities to become rich and successful. Right ga legal sampadinchi rich ayinavadu might provide employment also from his businesses right. I dont know much about how all this works but income batte income tax untundi. Job unnppudu 40% tax pay chestunnappudu jobless appudu govt responsibility kadu antara to provide welfare? They wont be jobless for ever right? Social security total point aey adi kada? 

govt cannot fulfill their obligations when there's massive job losses, and majority are on welfare, which will happen when AI goes rogue.

At that point, either the rich/middle class rig the election and elect someone who promises them safety from the poor, by shooting them... or agree to restructure the system, and give up their properties in exchange for a peaceful community.

I'm pretty sure majority will go with the first one. :)

I'm reminded of something a jerk said here once. When I laughed off my brother in law's anger at a daily worker in chennai who scratched his brand new Volvo out of spite, because of a perceived insult, the night before.

He said that if it was him, he would have beaten the sh1t out of the guy who scratched it.

It always struck with me. who's the entitled mf here.. the car owner or the daily worker? sCo_^Y 

5 hours ago, lazybugger said:

Jeremy Corbyn - the labour party leader of UK suggested on TV that people who lost their homes in the Grenfell fire should be accommodated in London Houses that are vacant. Those houses that are just properties bought to take advantage of a tax loophole that UK offers. 

The idea seems to be out of the blue, and even Corbyn didn't quite expand on how he can accomplish that, but I see this happening within 10yrs.

Not because someone will win an argument about it in reality, but majority of people will find nothing wrong with the idea. 

Either this, or a police state that keeps poor people out of the sight for rich/middle class. Those are the only two options going forward.

Thats UK...

As much as I would want to emulate this in India, the prospects look grim...with the corrupt political system and the nonchalant civilians embracing it with their religion/cast/sect madness. Social media is a piece of shittt as far as India is concerned. Ain't gonna work (you know how we raped youtube)

For all pragmatic purposes, still a civil war is the only savior for India.

Jeremy Corbyn - the labour party leader of UK suggested on TV that people who lost their homes in the Grenfell fire should be accommodated in London Houses that are vacant. Those houses that are just properties bought to take advantage of a tax loophole that UK offers. 

The idea seems to be out of the blue, and even Corbyn didn't quite expand on how he can accomplish that, but I see this happening within 10yrs.

Not because someone will win an argument about it in reality, but majority of people will find nothing wrong with the idea. 

Either this, or a police state that keeps poor people out of the sight for rich/middle class. Those are the only two options going forward.

Btw, that was a good one, what they did in UK.

govt cannot fulfill their obligations when there's massive job losses, and majority are on welfare, which will happen when AI goes rogue.

At that point, either the rich/middle class rig the election and elect someone who promises them safety from the poor, by shooting them... or agree to restructure the system, and give up their properties in exchange for a peaceful community.

I'm pretty sure majority will go with the first one. :)

agree with ur point man

4 hours ago, reality said:

Thats UK...

As much as I would want to emulate this in India, the prospects look grim...with the corrupt political system and the nonchalant civilians embracing it with their religion/cast/sect madness. Social media is a piece of shittt as far as India is concerned. Ain't gonna work (you know how we raped youtube)

For all pragmatic purposes, still a civil war is the only savior for India.

I didn't suggest this for India. Although it's interesting to note that, restrictions on property purchases exist in China, which is why majority of foreign property buyers in US/Canada are chinese. It looks like it has worked in giving a kickstart to their economy. You invest in China, you better invest in some productive property, or rent it to people who'd something productive with it.

Even in the UK, especially around London burbs, the rentals for industrial spaces are too less (compared to residential rentals), because any property that lies vacant for more than a couple of months, has to pay a higher council tax. So the idea proposed by Corbyn was not too radical.

The guy who boasts about being an LSE graduate here, has no clue about all this, except for blindly asserting that whatever he mouths out of his arse, automatically becomes commonsense.

Just now, lazybugger said:

The guy who boasts about being an LSE graduate here, has no clue about all this, except for blindly asserting that whatever he mouths out of his arse, automatically becomes commonsense.

i still doubt why are you wasting time here in this db. better to ring your own mind atleast now ?

1 minute ago, nildesparandom said:

i still doubt why are you wasting time here in this db. better to ring your own mind atleast now ?

I hate you guys. isn't that obvious? I come here whenever I can, to show you that you can do better than this.

Just now, lazybugger said:

I hate you guys. isn't that obvious? I come here whenever I can, to show you that you can do better than this.

you are doing good in your fragile sense while you can do better in the outside world of the best. at-least does this ring your mind?

1 minute ago, nildesparandom said:

you are doing good in your fragile sense while you can do better in the outside world of the best. at-least does this ring your mind?

whatever man. I'm testing my own limits for patience, and irritation. I surprise myself every time.

In the outside world, I just walk away from idiots. Here I don't have to.

10 hours ago, lazybugger said:

Hmm.. depends. Lets say, about 50% of US population pays income taxes now. What if job losses continue, and people keep going under, and are forced to do menial jobs for low pay. What if at a point of time only 30% of the population are able to pay taxes, and the rest live on some sort of direct govt welfare?

right now, these people are being shown boogeyman of immigrants, Protestant work ethic, etc to keep them in control. But it won't be possible for long.

I don't know if earning capacities is directly proportional to talent. I know plenty of dumb fcukers who make a lot of money, because they know the right people. So how do you keep the system running, without having to resort to shooting poor people who plan to rob you, or kill you for the money you made from your talent?

that is also a talent.....so they are talented