Bill Gates and Steve Jobs raised their kids tech-free — and it should've been a red flag

Batman_fan

• Interviews with Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and other tech elites consistently reveal that Silicon Valley parents are strict about technology use.
  • A new book suggests the signs may have been clear years ago that smartphone use should be regulated.
  • There may be a way to integrate tech into the classroom, however, that avoids its harmful effects.
  • Psychologists are quickly learning how dangerous smartphones can be for teenage brains.
  • Research has found that an eighth-grader's risk for depression jumps 27% when he or she frequently uses social media. Kids who use their phones for at least three hours a day are much more likely to be suicidal. And recent research has found the teen suicide rate in the US now eclipses the homicide rate, with smartphones as the driving force.

http://www.businessinsider.com/screen-time-limits-bill-gates-steve-jobs-red-flag-2017-10

my suggestion is keep the kids away from tech. spend time with kids in outdoor activities. Not Mario or EA sports. 

I know most families put the youtube videos or games just to keep the kids sit in one place so the parents can feed or work, but that will only be temporary solution. What they don't know is those kids are becoming addict to smart devices. 

2 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

my suggestion is keep the kids away from tech. spend time with kids in outdoor activities. Not Mario or EA sports. 

I know most families put the youtube videos or games just to keep the kids sit in one place so the parents can feed or work, but that will only be temporary solution. What they don't know is those kids are becoming addict to smart devices. 

Problem is not at home but in schools and co-children.... intlo ipad iyyakunda unchacchu kani bayta valla influence ni aapalem

5 minutes ago, dasara_bullodu said:

Problem is not at home but in schools and co-children.... intlo ipad iyyakunda unchacchu kani bayta valla influence ni aapalem

Mana generation lo lopalu vunnai say iPad iste vaadu edupu aaputunnadu ante vadiki ade alavatu chestunnaru after math gurinchii em alochinchaltedu.

8 minutes ago, dasara_bullodu said:

okay, I thought the other way based on what I saw

1 hour ago, Batman_fan said:

This is literally what most parents do.

1 hour ago, dakumangalsingh said:

iPad pattukunte maa pillodu IPad toh iragadeesthunnadu ani muchata padatharu.

Tech lekunda parents vundagaligithe kids ki cheppochu.

idaithe common ee madhya. malli goppaga cheptunnaru konthamandi parents that their kid is installing apps on his own etc ani