Help - Career Advice

TheStark

1 minute ago, Batman_fan said:

Which is enough. Of course, he needs to pay taxes. A typical MBA PT program costs around 120K including books. 25% - taxes would come to 100K. 

After MBA, sign on bonus is 25K. Another 10K for relocation and so on. Basically, if everything works out well, the effective cost of MBA PT is 75K. He can recover that in 2-3 years. 

ma manager gadi katha septa vinu.

25% fee kattindi apice... Cornell lo chesadu Exec MBA, 110K fee.

mottam malli class trips ki daniki deenki project Spain lo ani..

a amount mottam oka 40K aindi. graduated in 2yrs.

ma company vadilesi start up join ayyad 350K base salary and bonus on sales.

one year chesad.  company ettesar.

second year inko company lo e sari base 200 ki padindi, join ayyad.

now out of job. salary base tagginchukoledu, ala ani job lekunda undaledu.

his wife also working as manager in another company FT.

idanta vadiki GC undi ani nadsindi...H1 meeda unte jump kottevada ala..?

if can handle such kind of consequences on H1, then its fine.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batman_fan

• Spartan

• TheStark

• Quickgun_murugan

11 minutes ago, Spartan said:

ma manager gadi katha septa vinu.

25% fee kattindi apice... Cornell lo chesadu Exec MBA, 110K fee.

mottam malli class trips ki daniki deenki project Spain lo ani..

a amount mottam oka 40K aindi. graduated in 2yrs.

ma company vadilesi start up join ayyad 350K base salary and bonus on sales.

one year chesad.  company ettesar.

second year inko company lo e sari base 200 ki padindi, join ayyad.

now out of job. salary base tagginchukoledu, ala ani job lekunda undaledu.

his wife also working as manager in another company FT.

idanta vadiki GC undi ani nadsindi...H1 meeda unte jump kottevada ala..?

if can handle such kind of consequences on H1, then its fine.

This is not typical case. I think TS is not that far in career. Exec MBA is for people who are already in managerial position and have experience of more than 13-15 years.

I am talking about PT MBA, which people normally do at age late 20s and early 30s, and which is same as FT degree but evening classes. My proposal has 2 important constraints. Whether his company can sponsor, and whether the program is easily accessible? If no for both, risk increases. There will be fewer opportunities compared to GC people, but there will be enough opportunities to decide on the career path he wanted. 

9 minutes ago, Batman_fan said:

This is not typical case. I think TS is not that far in career. Exec MBA is for people who are already in managerial position and have experience of more than 13-15 years.

I am talking about PT MBA, which people normally do at age late 20s and early 30s, and which is same as FT degree but evening classes. My proposal has 2 important constraints. Whether his company can sponsor, and whether the program is easily accessible? If no for both, risk increases. There will be fewer opportunities compared to GC people, but there will be enough opportunities to decide on the career path he wanted. 

i think companies will put money only if that candidate is eligible in case of MBA i think.

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

wife working aite already 50% sukha samsaram episodes band untai..

inka nuvvu PhD start cheste a migita 50% scenes kuda closed

@kiladi bullodu la SC lu tirganike kuda time undadu.

That is the big misconception bhayya.. 6 of my close buddies did phD and all of them fully enjoyed their phD life with Gfs and etc. 

I understand that there will be few sleepless nights and all, but work life lo anna avi common ye kada.. 

1 hour ago, meranaam said:

PhD anedi out of interest tho cheyali...especially in US..not just for getting GC soon...even though PHD chesina GC thondaraga vastundi anna guaranty ledu..u need to have lot of papers published under your name and the job u get after u complete u r PHD requires a phd degree in order for you to qualify under EB-1. so think about u r chocies

I agree with everything you said. Naaku PhD interest ye bhayyya, anduke considering it. Also, career ki strong ga help avutundi ani feeling. 

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

max 25% sponsor chestaru..adi if you are eligible for Teamlead/Manager position in 2 yrs.

It mainly depends on the budget. If all goes well, I may get 50-75% from my company.   

1 hour ago, TheStark said:

I did my MS in a decent college and have been working in my field FT since last 5 years. My 140 is approved under Eb2 (PD is Aug 2015). 

Job security, salary, manager, team, etc. all are pretty good so far (touch wood). But, since last 1 year or so, I feel like my work is getting more and more monotonous and less challenging. My manager is totally aware of my work style and he assigns new projects to me from time to time. However, they are not up to the challenge/learning-curve I was hoping for. I need advice on the available options for me. 

1. Be patient until the GC is current (which could be 10 more yrs) while waiting for the next logical step for my role (that is, the manager role, which could take 5-7 yrs). 

2. Enroll in college as a part-time student and get an MBA or a second MS degree. This is allowed by my company. 

3. Leave the job, enroll in PhD as a full time student. I understand that my current GC may be washed away with this method and I am okay with re-applying for GC after PhD (~5 years). 

Thanks for your input. 

antha time undi antunnav kabatti... MBA PhD kanna kotha technologies nerchukovatam better... invest your time in keeping yourself abreast with latest technologies if you want to be in IT for another 10-15 yrs... or try learning something that is related to your passion.... @TheStark

11 minutes ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

antha time undi antunnav kabatti... MBA PhD kanna kotha technologies nerchukovatam better... invest your time in keeping yourself abreast with latest technologies if you want to be in IT for another 10-15 yrs... or try learning something that is related to your passion.... @TheStark

basic ga IT lo vundu ani cheptunav anamata.....What if his passion is to be part of company overall strategy and help company grow? 

23 hours ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

23 hours ago, Batman_fan said:

basic ga IT lo vundu ani cheptunav anamata.....What if his passion is to be part of company overall strategy and help company grow? 

nuvvu motham sadvaley naa post @Batman_fan bro... nenu anni cover cheshna ...

On 11/13/2017 at 12:56 PM, TheStark said:

I did my MS in a decent college and have been working in my field FT since last 5 years. My 140 is approved under Eb2 (PD is Aug 2015). 

Job security, salary, manager, team, etc. all are pretty good so far (touch wood). But, since last 1 year or so, I feel like my work is getting more and more monotonous and less challenging. My manager is totally aware of my work style and he assigns new projects to me from time to time. However, they are not up to the challenge/learning-curve I was hoping for. I need advice on the available options for me. 

1. Be patient until the GC is current (which could be 10 more yrs) while waiting for the next logical step for my role (that is, the manager role, which could take 5-7 yrs). 

2. Enroll in college as a part-time student and get an MBA or a second MS degree. This is allowed by my company. 

3. Leave the job, enroll in PhD as a full time student. I understand that my current GC may be washed away with this method and I am okay with re-applying for GC after PhD (~5 years). 

Thanks for your input. 

Nenu kuda same ne situation lone unde with approved I140.I changed company .Was able to jump 2 steps (from senior to architect) in hierarchy,better pay,new business sector so lot of learning opportunities.If you do step1 after few years your skillset will be well behind market requirement.In IT we should always keep ourself updated with technologies and skills,if not we cannot survive in longterm