• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• uttermost

• Thillana

• TOM_BHAYYA

• samaja_varagamana

1 minute ago, Thillana said:

@uttermost bro are you John Lennon fan? I'm guessing you heard IMAGINE by John Lennon recently and started your rhetoric about not believing in concept of country or state

my ID is clear proof of who's fan I'm. I'm a fan of Sci Fi novels, and my favourite is Ursula LeGuin, who wrote about radical societies without a state.

uttermost is the name of one of the mining regions that support the anarchist (stateless) society that fills one of her books.

I don't listen to music or watch movies much. In fact, I don't know who John Lennon is. I'm that dumb.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

my ID is clear proof of who's fan I'm. I'm a fan of Sci Fi novels, and my favourite is Ursula LeGuin, who wrote about radical societies without a state.

uttermost is the name of one of the mining regions that support the anarchist (stateless) society that fills one of her books.

I don't listen to music or watch movies much. In fact, I don't know who John Lennon is. I'm that dumb.

Why do you think radical society without state or country is the way forward? Dont you think that will lead to more chaos than that is already present? 

Just now, Thillana said:

Why do you think radical society without state or country is the way forward? Dont you think that will lead to more chaos than that is already present? 

Its very hard to answer this without writing a book on it. I'll try to be concise.

state/country/corporations are all manifestations of people's need for hierarchy, because they don't want to be bothered with the details. The details can be left to the superior, while we can enjoy our Targets, Starbucks, etc.

Given that the smartest person is not that smarter than the average guy, the growing complexity of the world means that one person or a group of people will make a horrible mistake, that will put a huge number of people under jeopardy.

basically, I'm a computational complexity theorist by training. Almost every problem I look at is from that angle. I think that the world's complexity is not sustainable, and that humans must build smaller, more communal and sustainable societies if they want to avoid a catastrophe. States, countries are not that.

-----

besides this, there's a economics angle too. Like who gives the right for Koch brothers to build a pipeline through a property that was controlled and nurtured by the natives for centuries? - The US govt, with its military. Without the govt, koch will have to directly negotiate with the natives on the logistics of such a pipeline. Ofcourse, it is going to increase the cost of the project and the cost of the commodity. But right now, a select few (say 20%) are having a free run (thanks to govt supported capitalism) at the expense of others. 

And when someone points that out to them, they call 'free market' as the best way. Stateless societies won't have such problems.

14 minutes ago, uttermost said:

Its very hard to answer this without writing a book on it. I'll try to be concise.

state/country/corporations are all manifestations of people's need for hierarchy, because they don't want to be bothered with the details. The details can be left to the superior, while we can enjoy our Targets, Starbucks, etc.

Given that the smartest person is not that smarter than the average guy, the growing complexity of the world means that one person or a group of people will make a horrible mistake, that will put a huge number of people under jeopardy.

basically, I'm a computational complexity theorist by training. Almost every problem I look at is from that angle. I think that the world's complexity is not sustainable, and that humans must build smaller, more communal and sustainable societies if they want to avoid a catastrophe. States, countries are not that.

-----

besides this, there's a economics angle too. Like who gives the right for Koch brothers to build a pipeline through a property that was controlled and nurtured by the natives for centuries? - The US govt, with its military. Without the govt, koch will have to directly negotiate with the natives on the logistics of such a pipeline. Ofcourse, it is going to increase the cost of the project and the cost of the commodity. But right now, a select few (say 20%) are having a free run (thanks to govt supported capitalism) at the expense of others. 

And when someone points that out to them, they call 'free market' as the best way. Stateless societies won't have such problems.

I agree with most of your points. I also agree this is not the right forum for a constructive debate. I have a big problem with the statement i've highlighted. It seems to totally contradict your whole argument . You've just stated its not countries n states but you are actually alluding to the concept of those with your argument .

31 minutes ago, Thillana said:

Another way to answer this.

state capitalism that exists today promotes extreme consumerism. because without increase in bottomlines every year (the growth rate), the capitalist system will crash. and with it, the political machinery (the state) that built the system.

Ofcourse its not possible to transition from capitalism to stateless society smoothly. In fact, I think it may not be possible to make that transition at all, as long as people care less for their communities than for themselves.

6 minutes ago, Thillana said:

I agree with most of your points. I also agree this is not the right forum for a constructive debate. I have a big problem with the statement i've highlighted. It seems to totally contradict your whole argument . You've just stated its not countries n states but you are actually alluding to the concept of those with your argument .

No. Those small communities won't be like a state. Because state has hierarchies that someone with the right pull can manipulate. and small communities can have a council which can be questioned by every one in the community.

the problem with small communities is that they introduce a new type of complexity. But how that plays out can be known if it ever comes to fruition. 

I myself don't see such communities as practical. but that's what I hope the future will be, and I'm sure that it won't be.

Just think of the communities I talk of, like a bitcoin community (but not bounded to one blockchain, or even to the concept of a blockchain). Imagine an interoperable set of communities that are blockchain based, graph based, and fractal based. Where every community comes up with their own structure, and seamlessly melds into the other.

Its a huuge mathematical problem to solve, first.

1 hour ago, uttermost said:

India is single handedly reviving capitalism from its death bed in the west. People like TomB, and other free market worshippers (RamGopalVarma) deserve more criticism than Owaisi does.

And I don't criticize them also. Atleast not enough.

Cheers

4 hours ago, uttermost said:

TomB is your regular uppercaste liberal, who makes bad political puns to show that he's edgy. In reality, he's just another right wing liberal. Everybody in this db is, to varying degrees.

Whether you support TDP, TRS, DMK, BJP, INC, and even CPI in India, you are a right wing guy. because in India politics revolves around economics, and economics is about who gets the max investment to their region, in the process selling their region to the most attractive bidder. 

This is the opposite of Chinese capitalism, where Chinese push for the western countries to buy from them, not give access to land and water to them to make their widgets. In effect, most Indians should be considered as anti-national, given they have no problem selling their nation for their material comforts. So TomB is also an anti national, according to this description.

So don't be stuck with any of these labels. All of them are the same. Its just a tribal war, in which some people like TomB want to watch from the sidelines. 

P.S.  I'm not a nationalist. I don't give a fcuk about India. In fact, I dont give a fcuk about any country. or the concept of a country or state.

looks like no body gives a fcuk abt u or ur feelings!