SA cricket team is the best.

uttermost

Best at losing 1-5 to a visiting team that's only supposed to be a tiger at home. 

LMAO, that's why they say don't jump the gun too soon. @3$%@3$%@3$%@3$%@3$%@3$%@3$%

Oh now some geniuses might come and say ODI cricket isn't real cricket. 

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Best at losing 1-5 to a visiting team that's only supposed to be a tiger at home. 

LMAO, that's why they say don't jump the gun too soon. 

Oh now some geniuses might come and say ODI cricket isn't real cricket. 

nah. this genius will not argue like a child about formats.

The point still stands. SA is still a top team, isn't it? do you claim that reservations have made SA a tier 2 cricketing nation?

so what they lose one series. India was probably very good. still India took what, like almost 3 decades to upstage SA, with their 'meritorious' system.

so the advantage of merit probably is not that much compared to reservation system. my point is still valid.

3 minutes ago, uttermost said:

nah. this genius will not argue like a child about formats.

The point still stands. SA is still a top team, isn't it? do you claim that reservations have made SA a tier 2 cricketing nation?

so what they lose one series. India was probably very good. still India took what, like almost 3 decades to upstage SA, with their 'meritorious' system.

so the advantage of merit probably is not that much compared to reservation system. my point is still valid.

Question here isn't about their quota system vs the lack of it. SA is never a top team, has never been one. They are a good team, however the fact is that not even a top team like SA(even if we assume it's one) can stop the rampage of a genius like Kohli. 

The only reason why SA lost this series so badly is due to Kohli, that's what makes him such a genius. Quota or no quota, it's impossible to stop a juggernaut like Kohli. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Question here isn't about their quota system vs the lack of it. SA is never a top team, has never been one. They are a good team, however the fact is that not even a top team like SA can stop the rampage of a genius like Kohli. 

The only reason why SA lost this series so badly is due to Kohli, that's what makes him such a genius. Quota or no quota, it's impossible to stop a juggernaut like Kohli. 

if SA is not a top team, then no other team than Aus can call itself anything close to top.

who the fcuk cares about kohli. the thread is about quota system vs merit morons. 

this time merit morons won, but quota system has served well too, because SA is still a top team, and will bounce back.

3 minutes ago, uttermost said:

quota based team SA is still a top team.

No top team would lose a ODI series with a full strength team with a modern day great like ABD 1-5 barely winning that one ODI. The difference is Kohli, a genius that's unstoppable when he's unbridled. 

No top team would lose a ODI series with a full strength team with a modern day great like ABD 1-5 barely winning that one ODI. The difference is Kohli, a genius that's unstoppable when he's unbridled. 

your obsession with kohli is bordering on ridiculous. but unfortunately that is not the point of this thread.

top teams lose too.

Just now, uttermost said:

if SA is not a top team, then no other team than Aus can call itself anything close to top.

who the fcuk cares about kohli. the thread is about quota system vs merit morons. 

this time merit morons won, but quota system has served well too, because SA is still a top team, and will bounce back.

This series was just a show case to prove Kohli's genius. Lots of people even in this DB claimed he will be an utter failure in SA, he proved otherwise. He proved my faith in him, fact is I don't even watch cricket that much. However, I can't but have immense faith in Kohli's abilities to lighten up the game in any country on any pitch, and he proved that my belief in him is correct. 

Quota vs non quota nothing can make a difference when there's a phenom like Kohli on the other side at his best. That's my whole point. 

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

your obsession with kohli is bordering on ridiculous. but unfortunately that is not the point of this thread.

top teams lose too.

Haha it might be, I am not disagreeing. But even I am surprised at his consistency and nonchalance at performing beyond expectations time and again. That's what makes him such a genius. 

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

quota system has not made SA like Zimbabwe cricket.

They are still SA.

that's the point to note.

Of course, that's a valid point. However ABD needs to re-evaluate his own position in the team and why he's more of a liability now a days. Ngidi was a great find in this series, and might make up for their loss of Steyn in the coming days. 

Just now, uttermost said:

thanks. Its amazing how stupid anti quota people are.

My statement has nothing to do with quota or the lack of it. It's all about how one player can change the entire fortunes of a team, and prove himself to be beyond everyone's expectations time and again. But you carry on with whatever suits your agenda. 

Of course, that's a valid point. However ABD needs to re-evaluate his own position in the team and why he's more of a liability now a days. Ngidi was a great find in this series, and might make up for their loss of Steyn in the coming days. 

I don't really care about ABD or anyone. I only wanted to make the point that quota doesn't automatically mean loss in standards.

I don't watch cricket at all.