401k balance

KakiJanaky

28 minutes ago, Gains said:

assalu e 401k ela work avvuthado simple terms lo cheppandhi

for example.... u put 5K before tax, end of the year employer matches 4K(this varies by company to company)  to ur account.

now account value 9K which vanguard or fidelity like companies invest in shares bonds and funds and get returns added to ur account.

u take that money after 59.5 years age and pay regular tax.

if early withdrawl..u pay tax +10% penalty

13 minutes ago, Spartan said:

u put 5K before tax, end of the year employer matches 4K to ur account.

now account value 9K which vanguard or fidelity like companies invest in shares bonds and funds and get returns added to ur account.

u take that money after 59.5 years age and pay regular tax.

if early withdrawl..u pay tax +10% penalty

All good... But chinna correction... 

Employers match until 6%........ for few it will be dollar to dollar, maa lanti companies ki dolar ki 50cents....  others similarly, kani at the max they will match upto 6% of your annual salary.

Vanguard, fidelity or charles schwab lo you keep that money.. Few companies pre pick bonds,stock options, so you dont have a choice, few allow to pick from a list of options.... and few will allow you to manage on your own....

if you are newbie, which I was 6 years ago, I picked a certain plan based on retirement year, (2050 anukunta)... in this case they manage for us and will be more aggressive into stocks than bonds

if someone gets a match from employer of any sort, definitely invest in 401k... it is no-brainer for most

18 minutes ago, masakali said:

All good... But chinna correction... 

Employers match until 6%........ for few it will be dollar to dollar, maa lanti companies ki dolar ki 50cents....  others similarly, kani at the max they will match upto 6% of your annual salary.

Vanguard, fidelity or charles schwab lo you keep that money.. Few companies pre pick bonds,stock options, so you dont have a choice, few allow to pick from a list of options.... and few will allow you to manage on your own....

if you are newbie, which I was 6 years ago, I picked a certain plan based on retirement year, (2050 anukunta)... in this case they manage for us and will be more aggressive into stocks than bonds

if someone gets a match from employer of any sort, definitely invest in 401k... it is no-brainer for most

fidelity can give you all 3 options(fedelity defalut, robot, manage your own).  I choose robot and i got 20% returns last year.

5 minutes ago, Silent_Boy said:

fidelity can give you all 3 options(fedelity defalut, robot, manage your own).  I choose robot and i got 20% returns last year.

I think it all depends on the employer.... what option they allow for 401k

9 minutes ago, tvda said:

what if madyalo india ki velipovalsi vaste? madyalo teskunte tax and penalty kattalani vinna, but can we keep in the same account until retirement age?

tumblr_nbrs2dQFxr1tlqk9xo4_250.gif?resiz

24 minutes ago, tvda said:

what if madyalo india ki velipovalsi vaste? madyalo teskunte tax and penalty kattalani vinna, but can we keep in the same account until retirement age?

correct,  tax + penalty kattali.... there are ways to reduce the amount of tax you pay, which is to take out even after you go to India when you have zero income in US

24 minutes ago, mulakaya_123456 said:

Employer contribution $0, ina kooda 401k lo pettara evarina?

Yes I did for 2 years. Tax bracket maaripotondi and AGI upper bracket lo ki potondi. ANduke invested full allowance for 2 years.