Disgusting man

iPhoneX

Bura Maano Un-Holi Hai: LSR girl gets semen-filled balloons flung at her

Holi is supposed to be the festival of colours, a time when people come together to play and laugh, forget and forgive, and repair broken relationships. But probably not in Delhi! Here it is a festival of zero consent, of vile behaviour and hooliganism; and this recent incident will tell you why.

“I didn’t know what semen flinging was, I learnt that today. My kurti tells the tale,” wrote a horrified, disgusted and angry Tolino Chishi, a student of Lady Shri ram College for Women, Delhi University, in her latest Instagram post where she went on to describe the incident. Chishi had gone out to Amar Colony for lunch with a friend, and after a long and tiring day was heading back to her hostel when she was attacked with liquid filled balloons that hit her on her back. The contents of the balloon seeped onto her kurta and leggings, and it was only when she got back that she realised that the liquid-filled balloon actually contained semen. Chishi, who is from Nagaland, took to Instagram to share her experience in a two-part post where she talked about what had happened, and the experiences she has had in the city ever she moved in seven months back. The post soon went viral and saw many women come out in support of Chishi, condemning what had happened and sharing their thoughts on it.

Read the two-part post here:

_9183657c-1b9a-11e8-ba26-4f9ea6a8f74e.JPG
Part 1 of the post (Instagram/Toli_yes)
_8ec1345e-1b9a-11e8-ba26-4f9ea6a8f74e.JPG
Part 2 of the post (Instagram/Toli_yes)

This isn’t a one-off case, and women face such harassment often around the time of Holi. Sange Thungon, another student from Delhi University says that she has also experienced similar incidents and once even got ink thrown at her, all in the guise of Holi. “This is not new. Sure, I didn’t get semen thrown on me, but men flinging balloons on us and calling us names using the excuse of Holi is a regular affair around this festive time. I have been experiencing such things since the past two years. Men often ride by on bikes and make it a point to target girls specifically. Harassment is normal for them,” she says.

_0c281d7e-1b99-11e8-ad3f-dce09461b5da.jpg
The Proctor’s Office of the University of Delhi has issued guidelines to encourage a safe Holi atmosphere on campus. (Photo: Delhi University)

While some people think there is nothing wrong in throwing water-balloons and using water-pistons on others, it’s important to acknowledge that consent is a thing! Meanwhile, unrelated to this specific event, Delhi University’s Proctor’s office has also issued some guidelines to encourage a safe environment around the festival.

Update: According to ANI, a written apology has been given to the students by the family of the girl who threw the balloons on them.

Holi hooliganism: After LSR students, JMC student’s FB post on being hit with ‘semen-filled’ balloon goes viral

holi, holi semen balloons, holi semen balloons on DU students, semen balloons thrown on Delhi University students, semen balloons on Jesus and Mary students, Semen balloons thrown on Lady Sri Ram student, Indian Express, Indian Express newsThe JMC student was inside a bus as she was travelling from the Sagarpur colony bus-stop to her house in Dwarka, when a couple of boys aimed a semen-filled balloon at her chest.

Only a couple of days ago, the Instagram posts of Lady Sri Ram college studentstalking about how they were attacked with semen-filled balloons under the garb of Holi celebrations went viral. Now, another student, this time of Delhi University’s Jesus and Mary College, has taken to Facebook to share a similar experience. ABC* was inside a bus as she was travelling from the Sagarpur colony bus-stop to her house in Dwarka, when allegedly, a couple of boys aimed a balloon at her chest. While the student is yet to lodge an FIR, she talked to indianexpress.com about the disturbing experience she had on the busy road, while people around either chose to be oblivious or laugh it off like the middle-aged woman who was a witness to what happened by telling her “Bura na maano beta, Holi hai.’

This is the text of her Facebook post.

“So the festival of ‘fun’ is here! Time for colours, eggs, dirty water and oh how can I forget the most important one- SEMEN.

It was just another usual day of travelling back home from college..
The bus stopped a little after Sagarpur bus stop. And that’s when it happened.
Before I even realised it, a guy threw a balloon filled with semen straight at my chest. For a few minutes I was just shocked and by the time I recovered from it, he and his friends were gone. I was DISGUSTED and really furious. And that’s when a lady sitting in front of me said, “Beta, Bura mat mano holi hai” And the others in the bus laughed and said the same to me. I didn’t know whom to be more disgusted on- the idiot who threw it or the crowd who normalised it.

Till yesterday, I had just heard about semen throwing at girls and my heart was broken to hear it.
Today I was the victim to it and that was when I wholly realized and understood the absolute depravity of human beings.
I would have said humans behave like animals but then that’s a disgrace to animals in itself.

Yesterday, it was a girl from LSR, Today it was me, and there are plenty of girls with whom this is happening, who are just too afraid or embarrassed to speak up. And I don’t blame them but then if we don’t speak up now, these fools roaming around our country will continue doing the same and God forbid another innocent girl might get targetted.

And to all the girls out there,
Do not be afraid to speak up when such things happen to you. Your dignity and self Respect is important and not something to be fooled around with.

Be bold and take a stand, rest assured there are many like me who will have your back.”

semen-balloon-fb_759.jpg

ABC*, the concerned JMC student further told indianexpress.com that she looked around for help from the people in the bus, hoping they would get down and catch hold of the perpetrators. On their part however, the people in the bus closed the windows, but also started laughing immediately after. “As soon as I realised what had happened, I looked out, but found nobody there. The bus started moving meanwhile,” she added. Her last straw of doubt was confirmed when she reached home and when the spilt content from the balloon finally dried, to leave hardened white patches on her top.

Although yet to file an FIR, ABC* along with other students of Jesus and Mary College organised a protest at the Delhi Police Headquarters in ITO today (March 1) at 11.00am. Talking to indianexpress.com, Maya John, women’s rights activist and professor at the college, said that the problem is not just that a girl from the college was at the receiving end of such an act. “Tomorrow it could be anybody else. The police seems to be taking inadequate measures. They should have alerted Residents’ Welfare Associations before Holi and ensured security of women, so there are no such unwarranted attacks,” she said.

John further said that the college is trying to follow up the protest today with a more wide-spread one, which will be inclusive of more women’s organisations to ensure the safety of women is not taken for granted.

This is the announcement for the protest made by JMC on Facebook.

2.jpg

Monika Bhardwaj, additional DCP of South-West Delhi told indianexpress.com that nothing has been reported to her so far. She added that her team will try to get in touch with the girl so she can provide them with further details.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Students & teachers of Jesus and Mary College protest outside Police Headquarters in #Delhi over the incident of semen-filled balloons being thrown at women.

Students & teachers of Jesus and Mary College protest outside Police Headquarters in #Delhi over the incident of semen-filled balloons being thrown at women. pic.twitter.com/JRz46iga52

I was in bus & hit by group of men from outside. Not embarrassed but it was disgusting. Horrible to see humanity has degraded. Being strangers when you hit me with something like semen it's unacceptable & against my dignity: Student alleging she was hit by a semen filled balloon pic.twitter.com/hYZeinngWh

View image on Twitter

The protest today resulted in an order issued by Chinmoy Biswas, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, South-East District of Delhi and held people violating the order punishable under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.

I don’t understand how many days or how many guys I would take to fill a balloon with semen. At the max a guy could ejaculate 5 ml. Though it’s disgusting but a ballon filled with semen how is it practically possible 

COnsent matters man....just because you play holi, don't try to rub on others. I have seen this happening , where even if you are passing by a lane or road, guys who are playing holi, just throw regardless of them knowing or not. 

I love holi with colors , used to be fun.

10 hours ago, iPhoneX said:

Holi hooliganism: After LSR students, JMC student’s FB post on being hit with ‘semen-filled’ balloon goes viral

holi, holi semen balloons, holi semen balloons on DU students, semen balloons thrown on Delhi University students, semen balloons on Jesus and Mary students, Semen balloons thrown on Lady Sri Ram student, Indian Express, Indian Express newsThe JMC student was inside a bus as she was travelling from the Sagarpur colony bus-stop to her house in Dwarka, when a couple of boys aimed a semen-filled balloon at her chest.

Only a couple of days ago, the Instagram posts of Lady Sri Ram college studentstalking about how they were attacked with semen-filled balloons under the garb of Holi celebrations went viral. Now, another student, this time of Delhi University’s Jesus and Mary College, has taken to Facebook to share a similar experience. ABC* was inside a bus as she was travelling from the Sagarpur colony bus-stop to her house in Dwarka, when allegedly, a couple of boys aimed a balloon at her chest. While the student is yet to lodge an FIR, she talked to indianexpress.com about the disturbing experience she had on the busy road, while people around either chose to be oblivious or laugh it off like the middle-aged woman who was a witness to what happened by telling her “Bura na maano beta, Holi hai.’

This is the text of her Facebook post.

“So the festival of ‘fun’ is here! Time for colours, eggs, dirty water and oh how can I forget the most important one- SEMEN.

It was just another usual day of travelling back home from college..
The bus stopped a little after Sagarpur bus stop. And that’s when it happened.
Before I even realised it, a guy threw a balloon filled with semen straight at my chest. For a few minutes I was just shocked and by the time I recovered from it, he and his friends were gone. I was DISGUSTED and really furious. And that’s when a lady sitting in front of me said, “Beta, Bura mat mano holi hai” And the others in the bus laughed and said the same to me. I didn’t know whom to be more disgusted on- the idiot who threw it or the crowd who normalised it.

Till yesterday, I had just heard about semen throwing at girls and my heart was broken to hear it.
Today I was the victim to it and that was when I wholly realized and understood the absolute depravity of human beings.
I would have said humans behave like animals but then that’s a disgrace to animals in itself.

Yesterday, it was a girl from LSR, Today it was me, and there are plenty of girls with whom this is happening, who are just too afraid or embarrassed to speak up. And I don’t blame them but then if we don’t speak up now, these fools roaming around our country will continue doing the same and God forbid another innocent girl might get targetted.

And to all the girls out there,
Do not be afraid to speak up when such things happen to you. Your dignity and self Respect is important and not something to be fooled around with.

Be bold and take a stand, rest assured there are many like me who will have your back.”

semen-balloon-fb_759.jpg

ABC*, the concerned JMC student further told indianexpress.com that she looked around for help from the people in the bus, hoping they would get down and catch hold of the perpetrators. On their part however, the people in the bus closed the windows, but also started laughing immediately after. “As soon as I realised what had happened, I looked out, but found nobody there. The bus started moving meanwhile,” she added. Her last straw of doubt was confirmed when she reached home and when the spilt content from the balloon finally dried, to leave hardened white patches on her top.

Although yet to file an FIR, ABC* along with other students of Jesus and Mary College organised a protest at the Delhi Police Headquarters in ITO today (March 1) at 11.00am. Talking to indianexpress.com, Maya John, women’s rights activist and professor at the college, said that the problem is not just that a girl from the college was at the receiving end of such an act. “Tomorrow it could be anybody else. The police seems to be taking inadequate measures. They should have alerted Residents’ Welfare Associations before Holi and ensured security of women, so there are no such unwarranted attacks,” she said.

John further said that the college is trying to follow up the protest today with a more wide-spread one, which will be inclusive of more women’s organisations to ensure the safety of women is not taken for granted.

This is the announcement for the protest made by JMC on Facebook.

2.jpg

Monika Bhardwaj, additional DCP of South-West Delhi told indianexpress.com that nothing has been reported to her so far. She added that her team will try to get in touch with the girl so she can provide them with further details.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Students & teachers of Jesus and Mary College protest outside Police Headquarters in #Delhi over the incident of semen-filled balloons being thrown at women.

Students & teachers of Jesus and Mary College protest outside Police Headquarters in #Delhi over the incident of semen-filled balloons being thrown at women. pic.twitter.com/JRz46iga52

I was in bus & hit by group of men from outside. Not embarrassed but it was disgusting. Horrible to see humanity has degraded. Being strangers when you hit me with something like semen it's unacceptable & against my dignity: Student alleging she was hit by a semen filled balloon pic.twitter.com/hYZeinngWh

View image on Twitter

The protest today resulted in an order issued by Chinmoy Biswas, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, South-East District of Delhi and held people violating the order punishable under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.

ee delhi olla paithyam anthe monna ma gym lo oka delhi odu aunty ni pattukokudani place lo nokkindu. county police ochi tisukoni poyaru

56 minutes ago, camsam said:

COnsent matters man....just because you play holi, don't try to rub on others. I have seen this happening , where even if you are passing by a lane or road, guys who are playing holi, just throw regardless of them knowing or not. 

I love holi with colors , used to be fun.

pichi mundagallu