Pros and Cons of your City and State

ram4a

3 hours ago, Jobsforeveryone said:

Salary Range : 100K for a beginner FT and could go upto 150K for manager or lead

Rent: 1200-1600 for a decent 2 BHK

To Buy a House: 350- 500K for a 3000 sq. Ft. House

Sales Tax: 8% I guess

Property Tax: mine is 2.77% and that’s a lot

Schools and Overall Education: Very good schools in most of the areas where desis live

Sports: many people play Cricket and volleyball 

Avg Temp below 40 F: 1-2 months

Avg Temp above 80 F: 6-9 months

Fun things to do in my State or City: For bachelors there are hell lot of things to do like clubbing, road trips, movies .. For families less things to do.

Traffic: worst

Do you have lot of Toll Roads: Yes/No Yes and a lot

Pollen Allergy: A lot

Things I love: Most people are youngsters and it’s a booming city with many jobs.
Things I hate: Traffic

Austin lo 100k salary lu isthunnara beginners ki??? 

love da lodi Bay Area lo ney ledu antha salary for beginners??

@Jobsforeveryone bro..

52 minutes ago, yankees said:

everyone is trying to move out of illinois...since taxes are high these days...housing market value padtundi illinois lo these days....i'm taking about suburbs, not the chicago city

Illinois is jacked up bro

On 5/14/2018 at 10:53 PM, ram4a said:

List some of the things which you love about the place you live and the one which you regret, so that people who want move to new places can be aware of the things only residents will know.

**********************************************************************************************

Mine are

Salary Range : 90-120K (For a mgr Max you will get 120K)

Rent: 1200 for 2 Bed and 2 Bath

To Buy a House: 350K - 450K for decent 3 Bed, 2 Bath with Basement.

Schools and Overall Education: Good Medical schools and top ranking High schools.

Sports: Indoor and Outdoor Cricket Leagues.

Avg Temp below 40 F: 3-4 months

Avg Temp above 80 F: 1 months

Fun things to do in Michigan: very less options, Detriot city is no.1 in Crime. Only good thing is Up North.

Travercity and Great Lakes.

Traffic: Speed limit is 70, But we go at 80-90. aathcare about rules

Pollen Allergy: Medium

Things I love: Well established Desi communities and no traffic problems, Easily available Desi restaurants and Desi Movies.

Things I hate: Bad ROads with Pot holes, Very cold place and not much happening city.

***********************************************************************************************

List your's

Salary Range : 

Rent:

To Buy a House: 

Sales Tax:

Property Tax:

Schools and Overall Education: 

Sports: 

Avg Temp below 40 F: 

Avg Temp above 80 F:

Fun things to do in my State or City:

Traffic: 

Do you have lot of Toll Roads: Yes/No

Pollen Allergy: 

Things I love: 
Things I hate: 

***********************************************************************************************

inko column goda add cheyii :-- how much for sc dance ?

Salary Range : 55K to 90K for a beginner FT and could go upto 200K for manager or lead, depending on industry/domain

Rent: Desis unde apts lo 850-1650 for a 2 BHK (yeah, wide range)

To Buy a House: 300- 600K for a 3500 sq. Ft. House (again, wide range)

Sales Tax: 8.25%

Property Tax: Houston city lo 2.25%, Sugarland and Katy lo MUD % ekkuva unna new neighborhoods lo it can go up to 3.65%, but homestead exemption untundi kontha varaku.

Schools and Overall Education: Super good schools in most of desi areas. Texas and US lo ne top schools unnayi Houston lo (top vanguard, charter, magnet anni unnayi)

Sports: many leagues for Cricket, volleyball, tennis, badminton, soccer

Avg Temp below 40 F: 10 days

Fun things to do in my State or City: Singles and families ki konni fun activities untayi, but not much outdoor stuff. Usual zoo, NASA, boardwalk, water theme park etc and beach (not so good). Theater district is next to NYC, if interest unte.

Traffic: not so bad compared to similar sized cities, good infrastructure undi, but not good public transport.

Do you have lot of Toll Roads: Yes, but its possible to navigate avoiding them also. Really like it.

Pollen Allergy: Not really an issue here.

Things I love: Almost everything
Things I hate: Almost nothing

@Quickgun_murugan  @Doravaru  @Soul

18 hours ago, BossIzzWell said:

Salary Range : 55K to 90K for a beginner FT and could go upto 200K for manager or lead, depending on industry/domain

Property Tax: Houston city lo 2.25%, Sugarland and Katy lo MUD % ekkuva unna new neighborhoods lo it can go up to 3.65%, but homestead exemption untundi kontha varaku.

Schools and Overall Education: Super good schools in most of desi areas. Texas and US lo ne top schools unnayi Houston lo (top vanguard, charter, magnet anni unnayi)

Fun things to do in my State or City: Singles and families ki konni fun activities untayi, but not much outdoor stuff. Usual zoo, NASA, boardwalk, water theme park etc and beach (not so good). Theater district is next to NYC, if interest unte.

Traffic: not so bad compared to similar sized cities, good infrastructure undi, but not good public transport.

Do you have lot of Toll Roads: Yes, but its possible to navigate avoiding them also. Really like it.

GP. Thanks bro.

Manchi neighborhoods with good quality for living ento cheppu (schools, commute, companies , low property taxes)

Woodlands etluntadi compared to Katy?

On 5/14/2018 at 1:41 PM, AlaElaAlaEla said:

go to place where 1) you can affrod to buy a decent home, 2) not that expensive (living) and a 3) decent desi crowd for our parents visits.

As of now, TROY Michigan meets above and worth considering.

Willl update this post from other DBians comments that meets these basic things.

endhii april -may lo summer.. migithaa anthaa snow and chills all the year..... weather and infra wise worst... crime as well.. come out of the well... prapancham chaala peddadhi... baavilo kappa types unnav ga

20 hours ago, BossIzzWell said:

*=:  @BossIzzWell bro..

1 hour ago, Doravaru said:

GP. Thanks bro.

Manchi neighborhoods with good quality for living ento cheppu (schools, commute, companies , low property taxes)

Woodlands etluntadi compared to Katy?

@BossIzzWell & all Houston vasulu ravali.. mana Dora @Doravaru adigina sandehanni nivvruthi cheyyali ani @tennisluvr asking