Conversation with Director of USCIS Francis Cissna

desiboys

MR. CISSNA: No, you know, and I – this is just me, you know, but I think that is an important reason why we should propose rescinding it. There are other policy reasons which will be adduced when you see the regulation, but to me, that’s a big one. And, you know, again, first and foremost, the law – the law – we may not like the law, but it is the law, and it’s – the law reflects the will of Congress, and that is paramount. And that’s what we strive to do.

-- Veedu fire fires the fire laga cheptunnadu..

Mana pichi na moda desi gallaki small thinking ...he is shameless  Ididot .. who want to gets rid of hr 392 and h4 ead..I can see desi supporting him.. because it works for them ...if you see big picture we are treated as beggars .. 

10 hours ago, jpismahatma said:

Mana pichi na moda desi gallaki small thinking ...he is shameless  Ididot .. who want to gets rid of hr 392 and h4 ead..I can see desi supporting him.. because it works for them ...if you see big picture we are treated as beggars .. 

Don't we all behave like one though? They treat us like that because we behave like that, atleast the undocumented immigrants know how to politicize these issues. Most of the politics that happen among desis here are on regional, community basis so who do you expect to stand up to the authority. LOL, they will continue to treat us this way just get used to it. 

BAGA CLARITY GA CHEPPADU EE LINES LO --- 

MS. VAUGHAN: It is work permits for spouses of temporary guest workers.

MR. CISSNA: Yeah, this is – if you have an H-1B skilled worker, the regulation – there was a regulation issued a few years ago that said that the spouse can work, and we’re proposing to rescind that.

For me, one of the main reasons for proposing to rescind that – not the only reason, but one of the main reasons – is because I don’t think it’s appropriate. I don’t think that Congress intended for the spouses of H-1Bs to work. If you look at – Congress, when it touched this issue, gave spousal employment to the spouses of intercompany transferees and to the spouses of E Investor visa and Treaty Investor visa workers to their spouses in 214(e)(6) and 214(c)(2)(E). And if you look at those provisions, Congress spoke. They said that those two categories of people, the spouses, should get to work