When Sachin Tendulkar predicted 8-year-old Prithvi Shaw would play for India soon

Spartan

dc-Cover-uu94p79uij3faat8smmqqidsl5-2018

Having watched Prithvi Shaw for the first time 10 years ago, Sachin Tendulkar had advised the then eight-year-old boy not to change his natural technique.

“I asked him not to change his grip or stance, irrespective of any future instructions from his coaches. If anyone asks you to do so, tell them to come talk to me. Coaching is good, but overcooking a player with tweaks is not,” Tendulkar said on his app ‘100MB’.

“It is so important not to change anything when you see such a special player. It is God’s gift to have a complete package,” Tendulkar added.

Shaw has been included in the Indian Test squad for the final two Tests and Tendulkar is happy that he saw the spark when he watched him for the first time. “Around 10 years ago, one of my friends asked me to take a look at the young Prithvi. He asked me analyse his game and give him some advice. I had a session with him and gave couple of pointers on how to improve his game,” Tendulkar said.

‘Future India player’

Recalling his impressions of Shaw, who barely reached the stumps, Tendulkar had later told his friend: “Are you watching? That’s a future India player.”

The 18-year-old Shaw, who had captained India to the U-19 World Cup triumph earlier this year, has scored 1,418 runs in 14 first-class games at an average of 56.72.

1 minute ago, dasara_bullodu said:

Jeevitam lo software job tappa ye career choose cheskunna life lo enjoyment untademo

but daniki backing undali...or life no strings attached la bratakali.

he lost his mom at age of 4, valla dad left job and started focusing on this kid...

they had to travel 3 hrs early in the morning to reach training at 7AM

mana lanti bewarse and lazy people effort pettakunda rammante em vastadi..em acheive chestam life lo...IT jobs tappa...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Spartan said:

but daniki backing undali...or life no strings attached la bratakali.

he lost his mom at age of 4, valla dad left job and started focusing on this kid...

they had to travel 3 hrs early in the morning to reach training at 7AM

mana lanti bewarse and lazy people effort pettakunda rammante em vastadi..em acheive chestam life lo...IT jobs tappa...

Ya It needs more than effort, belief in that field is more important anipistadi ... also not tempting for secure careers ... Arjun Reddy director chappadu 10 yrs patu andaru dobbutunna doctor profession easy anna eppudu focussed ga unde vanni divert avkunda ani...  avanni hit and miss careers, chala focus and determination kavali...

acting/movie technicians kooda anthe ... janala help thone munduki veltaru...

once financial security vaste next stage lo cheyacchu

51 minutes ago, dasara_bullodu said:

Jeevitam lo software job tappa ye career choose cheskunna life lo enjoyment untademo

Illanti Career ni professional ga chesukovalante chala sacrifices cheyyali ayina andariki guarentee long career untadi ani cheppalem.. But passion and consistency can only give them long career.

Chala kastapadaali in Mumbai chala palyers travel from far suburbs for 3-4 hrs come to main city and attend coaching camps & academies. 

57 minutes ago, Spartan said:

dc-Cover-uu94p79uij3faat8smmqqidsl5-2018

Having watched Prithvi Shaw for the first time 10 years ago, Sachin Tendulkar had advised the then eight-year-old boy not to change his natural technique.

“I asked him not to change his grip or stance, irrespective of any future instructions from his coaches. If anyone asks you to do so, tell them to come talk to me. Coaching is good, but overcooking a player with tweaks is not,” Tendulkar said on his app ‘100MB’.

“It is so important not to change anything when you see such a special player. It is God’s gift to have a complete package,” Tendulkar added.

Shaw has been included in the Indian Test squad for the final two Tests and Tendulkar is happy that he saw the spark when he watched him for the first time. “Around 10 years ago, one of my friends asked me to take a look at the young Prithvi. He asked me analyse his game and give him some advice. I had a session with him and gave couple of pointers on how to improve his game,” Tendulkar said.

‘Future India player’

Recalling his impressions of Shaw, who barely reached the stumps, Tendulkar had later told his friend: “Are you watching? That’s a future India player.”

The 18-year-old Shaw, who had captained India to the U-19 World Cup triumph earlier this year, has scored 1,418 runs in 14 first-class games at an average of 56.72.

*=:

6 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

pretty sure sachin said the same about 10s of other youngsters who didnt make it to the team... whats the point?

We trust only if dravid says anatava :P 

Vedilo talent chuse kadha Under 19 lo tesukoni mari cup kotinchudu dravid.. hail 

Just now, rapchik said:

We trust only if dravid says anatava :P 

Vedilo talent chuse kadha Under 19 lo tesukoni mari cup kotinchudu dravid.. hail 

my point is its a no news

18 minutes ago, chittimallu2 said:

pretty sure sachin said the same about 10s of other youngsters who didnt make it to the team... whats the point?

jealous undadhu vayya ...dravid trained them for cup kadh aidiseyi ...