Do couples talk anything sexual before their marriage, in case of arranged marriage

kevinUsa

Yes they do.

In India, typically it takes around 3–6 months of minimum courtship period before the actual wedding. The couple is introduced and numbers are exchanged when the alliance looks fine. So it will be all sweet talks and promises in the beginning. But for how long you can just be veggie , when you are talking till late nights. There is definitely a ice breaker and sex talks starts. Two of my friends are married in arranged marriage set up and both had bold sex talks with their partners for months before the marriage.

Not only talks, some people, given a chance actually meet and have sex before marriage. Arranged or love, whatever it be sexual desires are not dependent on the type of marriage and its a natural need of human body.

9.6k Views · View Upvoters

Praharshida Santosh
Praharshida Santosh, studied at University of Madras

The girls/women are mostly uncomfortable with the talk of sex before marriage. Some of the girls may answer you but that does not mean that they approve of it. I know a girl who used to exclaim how indignant of the guy to ask about Switzerland within 5 min of saying yes. She broke the relation within 4 days (for other reasons though). After some more proposals, she stopped minding the guys' talks. She concluded that all guys of certain age band are immature and unfit to handle women.

The girls/women get offended. At least those who are brought up with and follow Indian cultural mindset.
10.6k Views · View Upvoters

Your feedback is private.

Is this answer still relevant and up to date?

Raafey Khan
Raafey Khan, Helped Many friends to do Inter-religion marriages

Usually you can NO, couples mostly don’t talk about sex before marriage but still it depends on how you are comfortable with your partner and can go ahead with that also there is way to start the thing you can not just directly jump on the topic which can make things uncomfortable to both.

In many answers I have seen and also read it before in other posts that girls in India are not comfortable with sex talk and all, just wanted to know if she talks sex with you will she be able to stand with you the answer is NO because you will see her with different eyes and you will change your views for her. We man should understand the situation and also give some time to get your partner understand you and let you be a part of her life so that she can get open for you and then ask her anything and I can say you this She will always give you the answer if she has it.

Ok back to topic Sorry went on a wrong track lol, Yes, I have seen few of friends who use to talk about sex with their partners before marriage and few were there who decided to have this discussion after marriage.

If you are getting married and you talk to your partner on a regular basis, see how you can start this topic but still see if you don’t her stressed out to think twice on the relation.

763 Views

Banoth Nayak
Banoth Nayak, lived in India

Yes, why not this happen with most of them. I know a girl she got engaged with a guy ( like arrange marriage) initial they started chatting and start knowing each other. There was a gap of 5 months to their wedding, they started metting secretly end up having sex before marriage.

People think it is Idiotic to know each others sexuality before arrange marriage and after marriage, if they find each other not sexually compatible then they don't think divorce as an idiotic thing
Stupid people, if they ask about it before marriage, chances of divorce for sexual incompatibility will be lower

Usually women don't like to talk about sex because they are not as sexual as men but men do