Holy Global Entry

tacobell fan

26 minutes ago, tacobell fan said:

Most people don't know they can get similar pre-screen with CLEAR but they charge $149/year versus $85/5 years with TSA Pre

Naadhi jan 20th completed police verification..when did you applied??..DO u know how can i expedite or enquiry ???

40 minutes ago, Bestguy said:

Naadhi jan 20th completed police verification..when did you applied??..DO u know how can i expedite or enquiry ???

It will take time. Mine took one year to get conditional approval. But it won’t take that long now but probably 6 month maybe. There is nothing we can do to expedite it. 

4 hours ago, soldier said:

Ok good to know. Nenu be apply chesa pending lo undhi. India poyi interview ivala? 

yes appointment at PSK(passport seva kendra) give ur biometrics (finger prints) and wait for constable to come to ur home, and finish foramilties at ur home and then wait period (could be 6 to 12 months as experience by many) once all that is done, from cbp u will get email and then u will schedule interview at one of us airports..

6 hours ago, tacobell fan said:

Just take passport. Some Global Entry officers are not fully familiar and I had hard time in one of the airport. So i went to JFK and my interview completed in 2 mins. 

Thnx basu.. my GEP interview done today it was quick n breeze.. basic questions like DOB, Address, place of birth, any visit to canada or mexico, any arrest record, employer name ..thats all ... then 10 finger print scan... then she gave TSA pre number and told about GEP card that arrives in 2 weeks that i can use in Nexus lanes when i come back from canada similarly from mexico..for by road..

4 hours ago, Bestguy said:

@Bestguy dude it all depends...for some people it's taking 6 months some people 12 months.. nothing guranteed from India. Government..my police verification complete on April 9th..I got GEP approval yesterday night..almost about 8months..hang tight u r approval should be just around corner..

If u follow flyer talk forum u will get an idea how inconsistent this whole process itself is..

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1851287-global-entry-citizens-india-17.html

• 1 month later...

Used global entry at Detroit yesterday what an amazing concept .. no Line at POA.. all immigration done in 30 secs.. scan passport .. give finger prints.. answer custom related questions..takes a pic..prints receipt... while going to india on december 18th TSA pre was so useful... airport was full packed.. secuirty lines were so big.. if anyone looking for easier airport experience this is a must...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

Used global entry at Detroit yesterday what an amazing concept .. no Line at POA.. all immigration done in 30 secs.. scan passport .. give finger prints.. answer custom related questions..takes a pic..prints receipt... while going to India on December 18th TSA per was so useful... airport was full packed.. security lines were so big.. if anyone looking for easier airport experience this is a must...

Cool

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, tacobell fan said:

Any recent Global Entry applicants? How long is it taking to get conditional approval? 

Last week psk India lo fingerprints icha. Police verification ki pampistam annaru nenu back to us . Not sure do I need to present at home? When cops show up! 

5 hours ago, soldier said:

Last week psk India lo fingerprints icha. Police verification ki pampistam annaru nenu back to us . Not sure do I need to present at home? When cops show up! 

Not really. They just do verification & submit. It took me one year to get approval but i’m asking now for my friend who applied in Nov 2018 to know current approval trend. Few people received before one year as well. Process improve ayyindhi emo ani adiga. 

"Dear Global Entry Applicant,

In lieu of scheduling an appointment at a Global Entry Enrollment Center, you have the unique opportunity to interview for Global Entry when you return from your next international trip at one of several international airports in the United States and Canada. Enrollment on Arrival is ONLY available if you are arriving from an international trip and will be completed during the arrival process."

been about 8 months & I just keep getting this automated email.. unfortunately my arrival was during the last Govt shutdown & there was hardly anyone around at MIA... will just have to wait & get it done during the next international trip...

41 minutes ago, r2d2 said:

been about 8 months & I just keep getting this automated email.. unfortunately my arrival was during the last Govt shutdown & there was hardly anyone around at MIA... will just have to wait & get it done during the next international trip...

Took me a year for me brother so you don't need another trip. If you get conditional approval any airport which can process Global Entry can be your interview location. What I'm noticed is that if you are from rural village from India like me the background takes long time. This is just my guess. 

1 minute ago, tacobell fan said:

Took me a year for me brother so you don't need another trip. If you get conditional approval any airport which can process Global Entry can be your interview location. What I'm noticed is that if you are from rural village from India like me the background takes long time. This is just my guess. 

Enni years ki ostadii global entry I meant validity