I have cron job running on 200 servers

SRH

How do i monitor those job using an open source tool to check whether those jobs have run successfully or failed?

right have i have an agent that collects system metrics but also looking to see how this can be done if there s a way to add in that plug in?

BMC, RTView or AppDynamics can do this but they are not free. These apps are called Application Performance monitoring and there is no open source that you can use on Enterprise machines at least as far as I know. You need the corresponding agent to be installed all 200 servers to talk to central repository in order to power the dashboard. 

3 hours ago, aish said:

configure cron job to get email alert only when job fails.

MAILTO="[email protected]"

0 5 * * * /bin/some_script > /dev/null

That wont work, if echo statements are nkt being redirected to any file, avi kuda email lo osthay, i’ve tried this option before ;) 

56 minutes ago, perugu_vada said:

That wont work, if echo statements are nkt being redirected to any file, avi kuda email lo osthay, i’ve tried this option before ;) 

then redirect echo statements

4 hours ago, devarakonda said:

Setup those jobs in Jenkins 

dude oka question job scheduling in jenkins..can it read the settings from any db and run according to those values?