MS - Chemical engineering

sriraamchandra

1 hour ago, sriraamchandra said:

Hi all, A cousin of mine got an admit in one of the good schools in U.S. in Chemical Engineering graduate program. However, double-minded about pursuing the progran coz of the lack of clarity regarding the job opportunities after graduation. Do you know of any family, friends or acquaintances who are chemical engineers and if the job market is good..inputs greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

ask him to go for a Phd. Pandaga oil companies lo. Visa kuda chestharu Phd ayithe.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, jbourne said:

Desi gallaki opportunities dorakav like visa sponsorship lu lanti jaffa issues vuntayi but right degree in good university will take you to places, US loney padi savali ani thought lekapotey chemical engineering ki opportunities bagane vunnai 

This is the reason I left my control systems field

3 hours ago, sriraamchandra said:

Hi all, A cousin of mine got an admit in one of the good schools in U.S. in Chemical Engineering graduate program. However, double-minded about pursuing the progran coz of the lack of clarity regarding the job opportunities after graduation. Do you know of any family, friends or acquaintances who are chemical engineers and if the job market is good..inputs greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Chemical engineering ante oil and gas a lekapote pharmaceutical manufacturing in general a.Basic ga private biotech companies bibatsandi hiring doing Bay area/Boston lo. Sponsorship lepote O1 Visa istunnaru ma daggara. Depends on what your cousin is interested in.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Chemical engineering ante oil and gas a lekapote pharmaceutical manufacturing in general a.Basic ga private biotech companies bibatsandi hiring doing Bay area/Boston lo. Sponsorship lepote O1 Visa istunnaru ma daggara. Depends on what your cousin is interested in.

O1 enti ba?

Chemical Engineer here! Job raavdam antha easy kaadu man. Depends on your field..Nana sankalu naaki I got a job in an Oil and gas company..naa daridraniki 1 year lo recession came and jobs affa..My other two roommates too were chemical engineers..Vallu jobs kooda affa same time lo.

Not to discourage but unless he/she has some experience back in India,I would highly recommend not to go with it in Oil and Gas field atleast. TWIC card raavdam kastam without citizenship/greencard.

But verey industries such as manufacturing or pharma loki vellalantey they will ask for six sigma certification or quality certifications, which are not hard to get but kaastha dedication chupinchali. 

Now saying that, Rice university is a good one. Luck baguntey he/she can get hired directly and paid really good. Kaani ee field lo layoff lu oka 30 days notice or without notice tho lepestaru. Maintaining status is huge burden (which I faced) and transferring/finding a sponsor is hectic.

Nenu jeevithamlo inni kastalu chusa maybe because of bad choices or bad luck. unless until your cousin is passionate and willing to risk it go for it..I still love my chemical engineering job. 

meeting undi now..speech vachaka continue chestasSa_j@il

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Panasa_pandu said:

Chemical Engineer here! Job raavdam antha easy kaadu man. Depends on your field..Nana sankalu naaki I got a job in an Oil and gas company..naa daridraniki 1 year lo recession came and jobs affa..My other two roommates too were chemical engineers..Vallu jobs kooda affa same time lo.

Not to discourage but unless he/she has some experience back in India,I would highly recommend not to go with it in Oil and Gas field atleast. TWIC card raavdam kastam without citizenship/greencard.

But verey industries such as manufacturing or pharma loki vellalantey they will ask for six sigma certification or quality certifications, which are not hard to get but kaastha dedication chupinchali. 

Now saying that, Rice university is a good one. Luck baguntey he/she can get hired directly and paid really good. Kaani ee field lo layoff lu oka 30 days notice or without notice tho lepestaru. Maintaining status is huge burden (which I faced) and transferring/finding a sponsor is hectic.

Nenu jeevithamlo inni kastalu chusa maybe because of bad choices or bad luck. unless until your cousin is passionate and willing to risk it go for it..I still love my chemical engineering job. 

meeting undi now..speech vachaka continue chestasSa_j@il

Nuvvu oil and gas industry a ba?