barclays credit card

kevinUsa

Comments choostunte andaru chala confused gaa unnaru and I am seeing so much wrong info posted here. Please read well and understand before applying for cards. 

Some observations:

1. CSR is a very bad card to MS on. 

2. CSR does not give free food in airports. CSR includes annual Priority Pass membership which partners with some restaurants in certain airports. Look up the list

3. The annual fee waiver is not a given rule. It may or may not work out. It is not limited to just the 1st year. 

Overall not every point currency is the same. They have inherent value but that all depends on how you use them. Read and understand different concepts before you apply any card.

Just now, phatposts said:

Comments choostunte andaru chala confused gaa unnaru and I am seeing so much wrong info posted here. Please read well and understand before applying for cards. 

Some observations:

1. CSR is a very bad card to MS on. 

2. CSR does not give free food in airports. CSR includes annual Priority Pass membership which partners with some restaurants in certain airports. Look up the list

3. The annual fee waiver is not a given rule. It may or may not work out. It is not limited to just the 1st year. 

Overall not every point currency is the same. They have inherent value but that all depends on how you use them. Read and understand different concepts before you apply any card.

Why do you say that CSR is bad to MS on? I agree with the annual fee waiver, you need to call customer support and they may or may not agree. 

1 minute ago, DrBeta said:

Why do you say that CSR is bad to MS on? I agree with the annual fee waiver, you need to call customer support and they may or may not agree. 

CSR earns only 1X on MS related activities. Thats a horrible proposition. 

This is better than many cards. Some examples (everything is better than CSR 1x):

Citi DCB is 2% flat everywhere 

Discover IT Miles is 3% first year

Alliant is 3% first year and 2.5% there after

Amex EDP and ED have 3% cash back on the first 6K for certain categories

Amex PRG personal is 4X at grocery stores for the first 25K

and I can quote so many more examples. 

If you happend to be MSing in any of the above sectors with CSR - you are losing horribly. 

Even if the other options were not to exist - how are you justifying MSing on CSR?

Typical MS cost is 1.1c and you redeem those at 1.5c Are you spending all the effort for a 0.4c appreciation on each point and spending $150 (450-300) on the card?

1 hour ago, Amrita said:

Unna cards aey use cheyatledu. Opportunity unte apply chesukovachu  thats being smart no? That way anthe *n$

Yes... anthey ga... anthey ga.... This idea is Smart, smart phone, smart TV 🙂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, phatposts said:

This is better than many cards. Some examples (everything is better than CSR 1x):

If you happend to be MSing in any of the above sectors with CSR - you are losing horribly. 

Even if the other options were not to exist - how are you justifying MSing on CSR?

Typical MS cost is 1.1c and you redeem those at 1.5c Are you spending all the effort for a 0.4c appreciation on each point and spending $150 (450-300) on the card?

You're right, it's definitely not justified, Amex gives you more benefits when compared to CSR. I need to look into this. 

29 minutes ago, phatposts said:

If I can redeem with UR at 1.5cc (can transfer to Hyatt at 2cc) and since I got 300$ travel credit, and got fee waiver, it would still be worth it for the first year. I will get rid of it after.

17 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

If I can redeem with UR at 1.5cc (can transfer to Hyatt at 2cc) and since I got 300$ travel credit, and got fee waiver, it would still be worth it for the first year. I will get rid of it after.

btw, how you will cancel CC...that impacts your CS right ? 

for every MS on CC, we need to follow the same approach of maintaining it for 1 or 2 years, and then cancel it ?

Just now, AlaElaAlaEla said:

btw, how you will cancel CC...that impacts your CS right ? 

for every MS on CC, we need to follow the same approach of maintaining it for 1 or 2 years, and then cancel it ?

will call the customer service  ask to transfer the balance from this card to another  and close it 

will ahve same  limit but closed card 

20 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

First year - no card is a bad card. I am referring to picking the right card for MS only. With strong signup bonuses you cannot go wrong on year # 1

How are you getting 2cc on Hyatt transfer?

Fee waiver is not guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, phatposts said:

First year - no card is a bad card. I am referring to picking the right card for MS only. With strong signup bonuses you cannot go wrong on year # 1

How are you getting 2cc on Hyatt transfer?

Fee waiver is not guaranteed.

I got the fee waiver already. I haven't transferred to Hyatt for 2cc, this is a possibility that I am aware of. For now, I will MS with UR at 1.5cc and get rid of it. 

1 minute ago, DrBeta said:

I got the fee waiver already. I haven't transferred to Hyatt for 2cc, this is a possibility that I am aware of. For now, I will MS with UR at 1.5cc and get rid of it. 

how do you get rid of it ?

4 minutes ago, AlaElaAlaEla said:

how do you get rid of it ?

It will impact your score to a certain extent. But, if you don't have any balance on it, it's alright. You need to evaluate this carefully. The key is to have some cards for a long time and to never MS with those (the longer you have those, the better). I choose BOA for that.