అస్సాం ఎన్నికల బరిలో తెలుగు తేజం!!!

r2d2

MGVK Bhanu addressing election rally in GohpurMGVK Bhanu addressing election rally in Gohpur

Former Assam bureaucrat MGVK Bhanu, who has got Congress’ ticket to contest the Lok Sabha election 2019 from Tezpur parliamentary constituency, on March 20th, 2019 levelled himself with the Assamese cultural icon Ruponwar Jyoti Prasad Agarwala and wished to work like him.

It may be mentioned, in Assam, Agarwala’s death anniversary (January 17th) is observed as Silpi divas (Artists’ Day) to mark respect for his epoch-making contribution to the Assamese literature and culture.

Citing the example of Agarwala’s contribution to the state in an election rally in Gohpur, Bhanu said, “When I learned about Jyoti Prasad Agarwala I have decided to work for the state of Assam. Because, if the people of this land can offer such a high respect to a person belonging to the Marwari community for his contributions towards the greater Assamese community; I am sure, I’ll be also able to earn that much respect by providing service to this land and contributing towards the development of the Assamese community.”

Jyoti Prasad Agarwala, born on June 17th, 1903, was a noted Assamese playwright, songwriter, poet, writer and filmmaker from Assam. He is considered as an Assamese cultural icon, deeply revered for his creative vision and output and is popularly called the Rupkonwar of Assamese culture.

He further assured the people to work to transform the Tezpur constituency as one of the most developed constituencies in the country. “I am committed to working to lead the constituency,” he added.

On March 21st, 2019, addressing a rally in Biswanath, Bhanu said, “I am not here to play dirty politics but for the development of the state of Assam.” “As Assamese singer Zubeen Garg said, “Politics nokoriba bondhu (Don’t do politics, friend)”, I am here not to play dirty politics, I am here to work for the people and for their development,” Bhanu added.