H4 to F1 visa interview

Sabarjeet

6 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Input emundi, F1 Visa tiskodaniki

I hate this kind of answers, especially when someone is seeking genuine help.

If you know something about the question, post it here. otherwise, save your time for some other valuable thing in life.

7 minutes ago, kirakporadu said:

If you know something about the question, post it here. otherwise, save your time for some other valuable thing in life.

Ltt 

12 minutes ago, kirakporadu said:

What do you mean? He was not specific with his question. He said that someone was on H4 Visa and wants to get a F1 Visa. Andulo emundi? I-20 techukuni consulate ki velli Visa tiskodame kada.

Imagine you are a visa officer. See what you can do.

Whenever you go for visa interview, they usually search your name against any State department records and other records (some visa officer on Reddit mentioned it, he even wrote some little program to pull data from various sources; State department knows about fake bank records, consultancies sending students to get commission).

Answer questions honestly and accurately on DS-160.

The first question you can expect: why can't you study on H4 visa? Why are you switching to F1?  Why did not you try COS to F1 in the US itself?

Expect questions about your school. Make sure it is not some visa mill or C university in kentucky.

Immigration intent is another thing they look into. If you are a beneficiary of an approved I-140 petition, you may have to mention this in DS-160. Expect questions.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

Imagine you are a visa officer. See what you can do.

Whenever you go for visa interview, they usually search your name against any State department records and other records (some visa officer on Reddit mentioned it, he even wrote some little program to pull data from various sources; State department knows about fake bank records, consultancies sending students to get commission).

Answer questions honestly and accurately on DS-160.

The first question you can expect: why can't you study on H4 visa? Why are you switching to F1?  Why did not you try COS to F1 in the US itself?

Expect questions about your school. Make sure it is not some visa mill or C university in kentucky.

Immigration intent is another thing they look into. If you are a beneficiary of an approved I-140 petition, you may have to mention this in DS-160. Expect questions.

CN you explain what is beneficiari of i140?

5 minutes ago, AryaD said:

CN you explain what is beneficiari of i140?

Employer is the petitioner. H1b guy and his/her spouse are beneficiaries of I-140.

1 minute ago, Sabarjeet said:

How ?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Form_I-140.pdf

Petitioner  = Part 1 of that form = the org/person who files it

Beneficiary = Part 3 of that form

Other beneficiaries = Part 7 (spouse and teenage kids)

Ds-160 asks this question: "Did anyone ever filed immigration petition on your behalf?"

YES, to that question, if I-140 has been applied on your behalf. It doesn't matter, even if I-140 was denied or I-140 petition is pending.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ekunadam_enkanna said:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Form_I-140.pdf

Petitioner  = Part 1 of that form = the org/person who files it

Beneficiary = Part 3 of that form

Other beneficiaries = Part 7 (spouse and teenage kids)

Ds-160 asks this question: "Did anyone ever filed immigration petition on your behalf?"

YES, to that question, if I-140 has been applied on your behalf. It doesn't matter, even if I-140 was denied or I-140 petition is pending.

Why ?