Maharshi Review

Diana

I know this is a movie just to watch and enjoy but here is my take on it -

Bad direction. Bad casting. Bad cinematography. Bad dialogues. Bad acting. So many bads, huh?

Right from the get go, you’ll hear the whole movie: “Rishi is this, Rishi is that, Rishi can do this, Rishi will do that” for 10,000 times with camera focused on the hero the whole time. Do people in the USA thump on the table loudly and scream, “I’M THE CEO AND I CAN GO ON VACATION IF I WANT TO – I TAKE NO QUESTIONS AND GIVE NO ANSWERS!!”? People in the US would laugh at such superfluous dramatization. Poverty breeds dramatization.

How can a sedentary software guy kick as$ of 25 goons and lift them in the air like sticks without getting a scratch or wrinkle on his shirt? Unrealistic. At least show the hero had some training in martial arts and we’ll believe it. When will this exaggeration ever end in our movies? Pity - it's only getting worse with each movie!

The whole of India and the media is shown going into a commotion on the CEO Hero visiting India. How many people know or even care when Sundar Pichai (Google/ALPHABET CEO) with more than 1.3 billion dollar net worth is visiting India in a year?

Rao Ramesh and Anish sounded illiterate and incompetent in their roles with their accent. Why don’t they get some pronunciation/accent training or give a chance to some newcomers?

The professor says, “Run” and the hero “runs” through the university corridors but there is no one else competing with him in that race. This is so retro way of story-writing and story-telling.

Office mannerisms and dialogues were downright unprofessional. The comedy by the chubby girl was cheaper than a South Indian movie. I thought using someone’s unpleasant personality as a comedy factor was gone long ago with Babu Mohan. Rest of the comedy was just sick. We could do better than making movies that suited 50 years ago. There is no use or purpose for the heroine in the whole movie - not one bit.

There was not a single actor who did a great job except the hero to a large extent. This is where most Telugu movies suck BIG TIME. They don’t have "trained" actors – they use the same old comedians and characters in every movie like “Full Time Employees of the Producer on a monthly payroll” and we are bored of seeing their faces again and again and again - except a few good ones. They should bring new faces and young talent. Just watch the fresh and contemporary comedy in Pelli Choopulu. Old comedians/characters cannot even match up to the newer innovations in today’s technology, trends and mannerisms. Look at Force and Force 2 – every actor (even the ones who were there on the screen for less than a minute) was talented and did a great job in those movies even though they were not hit movies. Bollywood movies may lack creativity as they remake movies with lousy music (even bringing back some old hit songs) and gay dance but acting wise, they have very high standards.

Jagapathi Babu – it is hilarious to see this cute and sweet guy wrongly cast as a “villain” again and again and again! He is not cut out for bad-as$ sh*t and no amount of costumes, makeup, dialogues or BGM will ever cover that shortcoming. Period. Why don’t they bring new faces? New faces should cost them much less and get better-matched acting-skills and overall results!

The wafer-thin story (if there is any) tries to be modern that would go viral but what did it say at the end? Something similar on these lines -

One who works for his own success is a “Manishi”.

One who works for others’ success is a “Maharshi”.

Those old “preachy” words would have suited a movie 50 years ago. Not in this day and age! Hire young writers with a modern outlook.

The only thing missing from the movie was the song – “Krushi Unte Manushulu Rushulou Tharu Maha Purushulou Tharu”

The director is unskilled but somehow got lucky with Oopiri (maybe he used a ghost director but stamped his own name on it).

This is not a movie worth watching in a theater (like Spyder) - even with New York City in the backdrop. Maybe on Netflix or YouTube. It is loud and noisy.

Srimanthudu from Koratala was slick, decent and neat! There is a purpose and ambition in that movie where the hero wants to prove himself and succeed in life and not depend on his father's wealth like an entitled trust-fund kid. I'm mentioning this here to say I'm not anti-MB.

Edited by MobileMusic
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, MobileMusic said:

I know this is a movie to just enjoy it but here is my take on it -

Bad direction. Bad casting. Bad cinematography. Bad dialogues. Bad acting. So many bads.

Right from the get go, you’ll hear the whole movie: “Rishi is this, Rishi is that, Rishi can do this, Rishi will do that” for 10,000 times with camera focused on the hero the whole time. Do people in the USA thump on the table and scream, “I’M THE CEO AND I CAN GO ON VACATION IF I WANT TO – I TAKE NO QUESTIONS AND GIVE NO ANSWERS!!”? People in the US would laugh at such superfluous dramatization.

How can a sedentary software guy kick as$ of 25 goons and lift them in the air like sticks? Unrealistic. At least show the hero had some training in martial arts and we’ll believe it. When will this exaggeration end?

The whole of India and the media is shown going into a commotion on the CEO Hero visiting India. How many people even know or care when Sundar Pichai (Google’s ALPHABET CEO) with more than 1.3 billion dollar net worth is visiting India in a year?

Rao Ramesh and Anish sounded illiterate in their roles with their accent. Why don’t they get some pronunciation/accent training?

The professor says, “Run” and the hero “runs” through the university corridors but there is no one else competing with him in that race.

Office mannerisms and dialogues were unprofessional. The comedy by the chubby girl was cheaper than a South Indian movie. I thought using someone’s unpleasant personality as a comedy factor was gone long ago. We could do better than making movies that suited 30 years ago. There is no use for the heroine.

There was not a single actor who did a great job except the hero. This is where most Telugu movies suck big time. They don’t have trained actors – they use the same old comedians and characters in every movie like “Full Time Employees on a monthly payroll” and we are bored of seeing their faces again and again - except a few good ones. They should bring new faces and new talent. Old comedians/characters cannot even match up to the newer innovations in today’s technology. Look at Force and Force 2 – every actor was talented and did a great job in those movies even though they were not hit movies. Bollywood movies may lack creativity as they remake movies with lousy music but acting wise, they have very high standards.

Jagapathi Babu – it is hilarious to see this cute and sweet guy wrongly cast as a “villain” again and again! He is not cut out for bad-as$ sh*t and no amount of costumes and makeup will cover that deficiency. Period. Why don’t they bring new faces? New faces should cost them much less and get better matched acting and results!

The story (if there is any) tries to be modern that would go viral but what did it say at the end? Something similar on these lines -

Those old “preachy” words would have suited a movie 30 years ago. Hire better writers.

The only thing missing from the movie was the song – “Krushi Unte Manushulu Rushulou Tharu Maha Purushulou Tharu”

The director is unskilled but somehow got lucky with Oopiri (maybe he used a ghost director but stamped his own name on it).

This is not a movie worth watching in a theater (like Spyder) even with New York City in the backdrop. Maybe on Netflix or YouTube.

Srimanthudu from Koratala was very slick, decent and neat!

intha baga raasi last lo korottala ni pogidav endi baa.. aadivi kuda same 1970s cinemalae

1 hour ago, MobileMusic said:

I know this is a movie to just enjoy it but here is my take on it -

Bad direction. Bad casting. Bad cinematography. Bad dialogues. Bad acting. So many bads.

Right from the get go, you’ll hear the whole movie: “Rishi is this, Rishi is that, Rishi can do this, Rishi will do that” for 10,000 times with camera focused on the hero the whole time. Do people in the USA thump on the table and scream, “I’M THE CEO AND I CAN GO ON VACATION IF I WANT TO – I TAKE NO QUESTIONS AND GIVE NO ANSWERS!!”? People in the US would laugh at such superfluous dramatization.

How can a sedentary software guy kick as$ of 25 goons and lift them in the air like sticks? Unrealistic. At least show the hero had some training in martial arts and we’ll believe it. When will this exaggeration end?

The whole of India and the media is shown going into a commotion on the CEO Hero visiting India. How many people even know or care when Sundar Pichai (Google’s ALPHABET CEO) with more than 1.3 billion dollar net worth is visiting India in a year?

Rao Ramesh and Anish sounded illiterate in their roles with their accent. Why don’t they get some pronunciation/accent training?

The professor says, “Run” and the hero “runs” through the university corridors but there is no one else competing with him in that race.

Office mannerisms and dialogues were unprofessional. The comedy by the chubby girl was cheaper than a South Indian movie. I thought using someone’s unpleasant personality as a comedy factor was gone long ago. We could do better than making movies that suited 30 years ago. There is no use for the heroine.

There was not a single actor who did a great job except the hero. This is where most Telugu movies suck big time. They don’t have trained actors – they use the same old comedians and characters in every movie like “Full Time Employees on a monthly payroll” and we are bored of seeing their faces again and again - except a few good ones. They should bring new faces and new talent. Old comedians/characters cannot even match up to the newer innovations in today’s technology and trends. Look at Force and Force 2 – every actor was talented and did a great job in those movies even though they were not hit movies. Bollywood movies may lack creativity as they remake movies with lousy music but acting wise, they have very high standards.

Jagapathi Babu – it is hilarious to see this cute and sweet guy wrongly cast as a “villain” again and again! He is not cut out for bad-as$ sh*t and no amount of costumes and makeup will cover that deficiency. Period. Why don’t they bring new faces? New faces should cost them much less and get better matched acting and results!

The story (if there is any) tries to be modern that would go viral but what did it say at the end? Something similar on these lines -

Those old “preachy” words would have suited a movie 30 years ago. Hire better writers.

This is not a movie worth watching in a theater (like Spyder) even with New York City in the backdrop. Maybe on Netflix or YouTube.

Srimanthudu from Koratala was very slick, decent and neat!

Nee bondha la undi review... Hollywood movies  aithe egesukuni pothar...Avengers mov lo emundi va mari... iron man batman na louda lo man ..

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, idibezwada said:

auntyki dandam petti fula danda esi gobbarikai kottali kanipite..Image result for brahmotsavam gifs

I think she has tella tholu fetish.. appatlo akhil gaadi meda kuda ilanti postlu esedi 

1 hour ago, Puding said:

I think she has tella tholu fetish.. appatlo akhil gaadi meda kuda ilanti postlu esedi 

Too judgemental..

i dont think so.. boys r good with avg skin color too sSc_hidingsofa

9 minutes ago, Diana said:

Too judgemental..

i dont think so.. boys r good with avg skin color too sSc_hidingsofa

But you are not liking them Ani abhiyogam. Deenipai spandinchandi defense lawyer 

24 minutes ago, karthikn said:

But you are not liking them Ani abhiyogam. Deenipai spandinchandi defense lawyer 

Haha 

nenu prabhas meeda kuda okasari thread vesa anukunta manly unnadu ala 

Db lo anadaniki emundile edo oka judgements pass chestune untaruga.. in general i dont have that color preference)o_

31 minutes ago, Diana said:

Haha 

nenu prabhas meeda kuda okasari thread vesa anukunta manly unnadu ala 

Db lo anadaniki emundile edo oka judgements pass chestune untaruga.. in general i dont have that color preference)o_

Cool 👍